DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should i bring my drone to Greece

Liny

Reactions
i am heading to greece for vacation in July. should i bring my drone? i’m wondering if i’d be ok flying it there. i was in the USVI this spring and i got some great shots. thanks for the advice.

We see a lot of beautiful videos from Greece posted almost every week, I would say its a Go for launch.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: Liny
I would say for sure take it and if you can fly it great! I personally always take my drone everywhere just in case?

? There's nothing worse than not taking it and then finding out you could have had some great opportunities to fly. Even if you do not fly it Mavics don't take up much room anyways, that's why I like them so much over phantoms etc. I hope you will be able to fly?

Thanks. I wonder if people really seek permission
Just remember that us 'Mericans aren't always looked on too fondly abroad and viewed as always doing what we want or feign ignorance so play it safe and at least try. If you jump through a few hoops before hitting a brick wall and point to the sites you looked at you can always tell them you tried but got confused.

Reactions: vindibona1 and Liny
I was wondering about getting authorization to fly in Greece in terms of making the application. Not only is Greek in a foreign language, but they use an entirely different alphabet, not totally unlike Cyrillic (Russian). Do they have applications for English speakers or would you need someone to help create the applications and read the responses?

i am heading to greece for vacation in July. should i bring my drone? i’m wondering if i’d be ok flying it there. i was in the USVI this spring and i got some great shots. thanks for the advice.
what are rules for flying on a plane with a drone? I have not done it yet.

what are rules for flying on a plane with a drone? I have not done it yet.
It depends on where you fly. In the US I don’t pack the batteries. I carry them on and I put them in individual plastic bags and sometimes even put tape over the terminal.

If you take your drone be very careful about where you fly and certainly do not operate it near any civilian airfields or military installations as the authorities are very sensitive about cameras anywhere near such places. Do be mindful that there is considerable friction with Turkey so the fear of anything that might smack of 'intelligence gathering' is likely to provoke a speedy reaction.

Well, I'm going to be the odd man out and say leave your drone at home and enjoy your vacation.

If you are taking family, they will probably enjoy spending the time seeing the sights with you instead of watching you screw around with your drone.

Just another opinion.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
It is not a good idea to "just take it along and see what happens." I was recently planning a big trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, until I found out the extremely complex application required. I tried anyway for about 3 months. It was a tangled mess and very little response from the authorities. Then due to Covid I had to cancel the Emirates trip. The countries are still closed.

Following the easing of travel, I am now planning a return trip to Kenya and Tanzania in September. I wrote to the authorities on both official web sites and again, am entangled in a mess of bureaucracy. If I just put it in my luggage, it could be confiscated at customs and I could be fined lots of $$$ and even jail time for flying illegally.

The lodge and safari company owners do not want them, and will not let you fly, even in camp, and of course, not around animals. And, they claim it promotes poachers.

I'd be more than anxious to hear from anyone of you out there who have managed to fly in Kenya or Tanzania.

Dale
Miami

Take it with you...!

Lately we just had some law changes here in Greece,to comply with EASA. In the past years you had to register a flight plan to your local airport and after they approved it,fly your drone.Nobody cared to do it..

Now if you have your license with you,you're good to go. Just be careful not to fly near crowds of people,near airports or army bases etc etc.

Use your head and you'll be fine!

Take it with you...!

Lately we just had some law changes here in Greece,to comply with EASA. In the past years you had to register a flight plan to your local airport and after they approved it,fly your drone.Nobody cared to do it..

Now if you have your license with you,you're good to go. Just be careful not to fly near crowds of people,near airports or army bases etc etc.

Use your head and you'll be fine!
Ha Ha, I was only kidding telling him to borrow yours Tony.

• Haha
Reactions: tonydeli7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d