2. authorized dealer so same warranty like dji
3. support a forum vender which keeps this forum free for all users
4. after sales support
5. we also cary dji care
6.Exclusive Forum discounts not available through dji

to name a few

Cons-
NONE
I purchased some equipment through him and service was flawless as I had special circumstances, DJI would not have been able to help. Personal service

Reactions: DDS
So, at first glance, the primary feature I'd care about on the smart controller is the extended range. But, even though the display is a lot smaller than my 9.7" iPad, given the portability, ease of use and Android OS, the brighter display may make up for the smaller size. I hadn't considered it before, but I'm taking a hard look.

Dale, for an extra $400, I'd get the controller without hesitation. You're 80 years old, living a great retirement traveling to amazing locations, capturing excellent footage. I think you've earned the right to spend the extra $400. If not now, when?? While you're at it, get 4 extra batteries, minimum. You'll be flying a lot more with the M2P.

I can think of many instances where a choice in controller/displays could come in handy. Ever tried to make gentle consistent cinematic moves using 2 joysticks and gimbal tilt in windy/gusty conditions while holding a controller with a 9.7" iPad and sunshade attached? Ever lose signal between controller and iPad mid-flight?

Reactions: dorgs
With my 9 inch iPad I get a very satisfactory image, and I am not hassled by inserting my iPhone 10xsMAX into the controller, where I have difficult access to the home button (no button iPhone 10). Also, I have to take off the iPhone case to get it into the RC. I eliminate all of this by using the iPad. Of course, in bright light, it is more difficult to see the screen, so I try to fly from the shade. View attachment 86149View attachment 86149View attachment 86150
I have this holder glad to see it can hold a bigger iPad too.

So I have this dilemma. Have been flying Mavic Air for over a year and now feel comfortable moving up to Mavic 2 Pro, anticipating Black Friday purchase from DJI in 2 days from now. Very confused if I should spring for the smart controller (also on sale) . So I went onto You Tube and looked at all of the smart controller videos, and am really confused now. Looks like a huge learning curve.
I've been very happy using my 9 inch iPad for screen and enjoy the big screen view. Should I just stay with the iPad and Skyreat clamp for Mavic holder???
So I have this dilemma. Have been flying Mavic Air for over a year and now feel comfortable moving up to Mavic 2 Pro, anticipating Black Friday purchase from DJI in 2 days from now. Very confused if I should spring for the smart controller (also on sale) . So I went onto You Tube and looked at all of the smart controller videos, and am really confused now. Looks like a huge learning curve.
I've been very happy using my 9 inch iPad for screen and enjoy the big screen view. Should I just stay with the iPad and Skyreat clamp for Mavic holder???
Hey Dale,

I'm looking to purchase the Mavic 2 Pro also when the DJI Black Friday sale starts. I had considered the Smart controller also but am trying to limit my spending. But since this is an early Christmas present for myself I'm still tempted to say what the heck and get the controller also. And btw, I just turned 66 so glad to hear from another seasoned citizen. :)
Randy

Hey DDS,

So I am planning to purchase the Mavic 2 Pro as soon as the DJI sale starts on Sunday morning. I would be happy to purchase from you to get the extra $100 discount. How do I get the voucher?

Randy
Prices will be updated sat night by 12am est
Use mavicpilots100 for $100 off any order over $1000
As always free shipping

Reactions: randy53

The controller is very useful... a mini-computer really. I have not looked back since I got it. It actually fits in the same spot in my case as the old controller. I had to change very little. Thus, I am selling my lightly used MP2 controller in the Classifieds as we speak. I would recommend it if you get a good deal, yes. I shoot almost always in the tropics. The sun is BRIGHT here. There extra lumens or whatever they are called of the screen that make it brighter than my iPad are very helpful.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
I have tried ipads with my stock Mavic 1, size was helpful but hard to see in bright sun. When I upgraded to the Mavic 2 pro I used the large 2000 NIT crystal sky monitor and found the size and visibility in bright sun to be really good for me. I bought a smart controller and soon decided that the screen was too small and the visibility in bright sun with only 1000 NITs was not great. A friend 20 years younger than me is happy with his smart controller.

I used the iPad mini then swapped it for the Smart Controller ... and love it. It's an all-in-one piece of ergonomically designed tech. My only caution is eye-sight. I'm near sighted so the smaller screen is not an issue. If you have a problem with up-close images, then stick with your larger display. Good luck.

I'm 80 years old and I like to be able to see the screen in sunlight. In my humble opinion, don't think twice. Get the Smart Controller!

Ok you guys have inspired this 66 year old geezer. I think I’m going for the M2P with the SC bundle. Planning on ordering it tonight. I don’t usually get into Black Friday sales but the DJI one is a good one.

Best Buy, has the quad & reg remote for $1379. I prefer using my 10" tablet with a harness to take some of the weight off my arms.

I have the regular remote AND the smart controller, and larger tablets for the M2P. If it is just me the smart controller is so easy to use and get going, I would buy on sale, paid $2200 or so for my setup. BUT the limitation I find is that the screen is small to show your work to a client while you are flying, that is where a larger screen would really help. (if this is a business for you). I am a little older too, a slightly larger screen would be nice, but it is so convenient, at that price, it is a deal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard