DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I or Should I not exercise use of my DJI Care?

curtissimo

Reactions
Took my Mavic out to the beach in Sept. One of the days, early in my trip, I attempted to land on my landing pad with auto land disabled. It was silly.

She spun and slid into the sand when landed and try to cut the motors. All ok, except the rear right motor was buried in sand. Took it out and cleaned it up right away. I was able to blow all of the sand out and she flew wonderfully the rest of the week, probably 12 batteries worth.

Haven’t flown since then. Just realized that it’s getting to that time of year when my DJI refresh is almost up.

I’m really nervous that the week after it expires, I’ll get time to go fly and it will just fall from the sky with that 1 grain of sand that I missed, will seize the motor.

Should I get it refreshed just in case or let my luck continue? Would love your opinions.

Took my Mavic out to the beach in Sept. One of the days, early in my trip, I attempted to land on my landing pad with auto land disabled. It was silly.

She spun and slid into the sand when landed and try to cut the motors. All ok, except the rear right motor was buried in sand. Took it out and cleaned it up right away. I was able to blow all of the sand out and she flew wonderfully the rest of the week, probably 12 batteries worth.

Haven’t flown since then. Just realized that it’s getting to that time of year when my DJI refresh is almost up.

I’m really nervous that the week after it expires, I’ll get time to go fly and it will just fall from the sky with that 1 grain of sand that I missed, will seize the motor.

Should I get it refreshed just in case or let my luck continue? Would love your opinions.
I do not know, I would be on the fence with this, the right rear is not hard to replace is my understanding. If the drone has always worked well I would probably not do anything until the motor went (if ever), then send it to Thunderdrone.

Surly you can just take off and let it hover for 20 mins or take it for a fly to test it before it runs out or you next need it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman