DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I UPDATE FIRMWARE

I'm on 01.04.0100 and have no height limit, sport +, nfz disable, etc available
I have every feature new and old except precision landing which I never use (always fly back manually)

But can't rollback, correct? If some other awesome param mod is found later, and it's only available with, for example, .700 305&306, you won't be able to take advantage of it?

For example, if someone found a way to remove those stupid 5/20m boundaries where it lands where it is vs. always doing RTH the same way, I'll be extremely happy! I love Precision RTH (although I do a mix of RTH/hand catching), but I hate it that when I want it and am within 20m and OA is disabled, it will proceed to landing where it is (which is usually desert scrub or rocks), I have to first fly it outside of 20m, then hit RTH for precise landing on my landing pad.

Reactions: Chirp
But can't rollback, correct? If some other awesome param mod is found later, and it's only available with, for example, .700 305&306, you won't be able to take advantage of it?

For example, if someone found a way to remove those stupid 5/20m boundaries where it lands where it is vs. always doing RTH the same way, I'll be extremely happy! I love Precision RTH (although I do a mix of RTH/hand catching), but I hate it that when I want it and am within 20m and OA is disabled, it will proceed to landing where it is (which is usually desert scrub or rocks), I have to first fly it outside of 20m, then hit RTH for precise landing on my landing pad.

I know this buy I temporarily forgot. What's OA? :confused:

its described in the rollback thread

If you are already on 01.04.0100 you can't do it
Else flash 01.03.0700
Then open 01.04.0100 bin file, delete 305 & 306
Flash edited 01.04.0100 bin

Test

its described in the rollback thread

If you are already on 01.04.0100 you can't do it
Else flash 01.03.0700
Then open 01.04.0100 bin file, delete 305 & 306
Flash edited 01.04.0100 bin

Test

Thank you for the input! i guess im out of luck.....already on 01.04.0100 :(
cheers!

Ya know for several years I've always kept firmwares updated on things like ESC's and FC's but
I am honestly not really getting the warm and fuzzies on moving forward on the Updates for the Mavic.
Nothing against DJI or the products and I do understand there always seems to be a bug now and then.
But it seems the reading I have done the last 2 weeks (here as well as other areas) has me a bit hesitant.
I'm sure the issues I am seeing are not as widespread as it might seem but I may sit tight for
a bit longer and see if this mention of problems, dies down some.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas