DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should we own drones like chainsaws?

If you cut a lot of trees you probably have had a tree bite your bar and still refuse to fall.
Ways to continue are usually:
1. Cut with another chainsaw
2. Cut with a bowsaw or ax
3. Remove powerhead and get another bar and chain, then continue to fall the tree.

Thus many chainsaw users have several chainsaws.

After reading another thread of "I lost my Mavic" it occurs to me that one of the best tools to find a drone stuck up in tall trees would be another drone.

Just one more justification to buy a second drone and keep the first.
"Should we own drones like chainsaws?" I was really hoping this thread would be about some kind of new flying chainsaw that I could use to trim some trees. I guess I'll have to wait for my flying flame thrower to arrive.

Reactions: A.O.
Well, we don't own a chainsaw.....ooops, I lied, we have a little electric buzzer that's only good (barely) for trimming branches. But in the spirit of the OP, rationalizing for the purpose of owning more drones, I'm in. What I'm looking for is a cheap drone that has optical flow control, to fly indoors. My rational, so I can get my partner into flying a drone. She's a self admitted Klutz and doesn't want to wreck one of my DJI's, and the toy drone I own is harder to fly than either the Spark or Zoom. So far the ones I've found on Amazon aren't available in Canada (Amazon.ca).
Tello fits that bill nicely. It has vision positioning stability. The drone itself is less than $100.
Only downside is it does not come with a remote but is available as an optional accessory. Out of the box you fly it with virtual sticks in the app. L
App doesn't work with Samsung S20 series. Video doesn't show.

The tello accelerated interest in a drone workshop I was facilitating. Three of us bought one and let others fly it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11