DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shout Out - Old Man Mavic

theDRONEranger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
A great big shout out to Old Man Mavic.
I have been a member of the forum since 2018, not long by some standards and veteran status by others.
I openly confess I surf the forums to further my knowledge and thusly produce a more enjoyable experience when flying.
I have particularly noticed over time, one individual is always in discussions and ready and willing to provide advice to all comers.
OLD MAN MAVIC, based in Wales, UK, has always provide a clear and succinct advice for almost all situations pertaining to almost all areas of the globe. One could think of him as an International UAS Ambassador. I reside in the USA and have noticed that when questions are posed as to specific legalities of a particular subjectOMM has the spot on answer. Leads me to believe he wrote the exam questions for the US Part 107 tests.

Old Man Mavic, my hat is tipped! You have done the forum a service by providing valued input on a multitude of questions. I sincerely hope you to continue your sharing of info and advice to others. You have truly enhanced the mavicpilots.com arena.

Thank you, sincerely! May you keep your rotors turning for many more years.

Jeffrey Wagner aka theDRONEranger

My thanks to DirkClod for permission to post! You, too, are a good man!

Your welcome and thanks. OMM is a good man and will be a
privilege to work with him but bet he naps more than me.
200.gif

Three cheers for OMM...

Seeing how consistently this gentleman greets new members, I spent my first few weeks here thinking he was already one of our moderators. This is long due credit, as his informative and thoughtful posts exemplify proper global forum decorum.

I cringe when I read a new member post an invalid argument against our well-respected mods, sar104, and now old man mavic.

A fo ben, bid bont

...Hip, hip, hurrah!

Last edited:
A big thank you Jeffrey,for your post ,and to clackey ,DC and all those who have given me their support and appreciation for my posts and comments on this forum
being able to communicate with people from all over the world ,has been a great comfort for me, both during my health scare early last year, and more recently during my enforced 12 week lockdown due to this virus that is blighting all our lives, just because i am a mod please dont think that will stop my one liners ,humour is what gets you through when times are tough

I have been a member of the forum since 2018, not long by some standards and veteran status by others.
I openly confess I surf the forums to further my knowledge and thusly produce a more enjoyable experience when flying.
I have particularly noticed over time, one individual is always in discussions and ready and willing to provide advice to all comers.
OLD MAN MAVIC, based in Wales, UK, has always provide a clear and succinct advice for almost all situations pertaining to almost all areas of the globe. One could think of him as an International UAS Ambassador. I reside in the USA and have noticed that when questions are posed as to specific legalities of a particular subjectOMM has the spot on answer. Leads me to believe he wrote the exam questions for the US Part 107 tests.

Old Man Mavic, my hat is tipped! You have done the forum a service by providing valued input on a multitude of questions. I sincerely hope you to continue your sharing of info and advice to others. You have truly enhanced the mavicpilots.com arena.

Hear, Hear I couldn’t agree more. This forum is excellent because of the expertise and wisdom of so many people with those characteristics. That’s how it has become a wonderful international community and resource. Thanks to all

Congratulations on, we welsh should take over the world

As a brand new member, I can vouch for the fact that OMM greeted me within minutes. I’m 63, and it was quite nice to be greeted by an older member, made me feel quite young ??. As OMM knows, you don’t ever get any older in your head, it just gets harder to get spares. Also, and this will sound cheesy, but my stepdad was Welsh, and he was one of the finest men I knew. Looks like Wales produces gooduns ?

As a brand new member, I can vouch for the fact that OMM greeted me within minutes. I’m 63, and it was quite nice to be greeted by an older member, made me feel quite young ??. As OMM knows, you don’t ever get any older in your head, it just gets harder to get spares. Also, and this will sound cheesy, but my stepdad was Welsh, and he was one of the finest men I knew. Looks like Wales produces gooduns ?
On occasion the Welsh have been known to play rugby ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh