DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shout Out - Old Man Mavic

I have to say , I've been on certain forums before and dropped them ( getting too political, sarcastic posts, really nasty posts etc ) but even though I'm relatively new here, this site has been a joy - so welcoming, great advice , great humour, and fantastic people like OMM , it's a joy to log on!

As a brand new member, I can vouch for the fact that OMM greeted me within minutes. I’m 63, and it was quite nice to be greeted by an older member, made me feel quite young [emoji4][emoji23]. As OMM knows, you don’t ever get any older in your head, it just gets harder to get spares. Also, and this will sound cheesy, but my stepdad was Welsh, and he was one of the finest men I knew. Looks like Wales produces gooduns [emoji106]

My sister-in-law is Welsh, does that count OMM?

Great to see you recognised for your experience, wisdom, patience and willingness to help others.

Got married at a early age to a gal that was extremely wealthy.
I’m talking he be like..
Sir Old Man Mavic.
1594176417822.gif

appreciate all the comments ,i am none of the things @Rchawks mentioned ,the last 16 years of my working life were spent in adult services,as a support worker, helping people with learning difficulties to fulfill their ambitions

Well deserved, @old man mavic- your posts always bring a bit of humour, strong advice, and calmness to some tense "debates" !

Not a lot of people know, but back in the 1920's when he was nearing retirement, he was the inventor of the first UAV. Started as a hobby to give him something to tinker with in his spare time although some suspect it was to snoop on the Welsh national ladies beach volleyball training ground nearby. Made from an old pram, some tent poles, duct tape, and empty cornflake packets...

De-Bothezat-Quadrotor.jpg.jpg

Well deserved, @old man mavic- your posts always bring a bit of humour, strong advice, and calmness to some tense "debates" !

Not a lot of people know, but back in the 1920's when he was nearing retirement, he was the inventor of the first UAV. Started as a hobby to give him something to tinker with in his spare time although some suspect it was to snoop on the Welsh national ladies beach volleyball training ground nearby. Made from an old pram, some tent poles, duct tape, and empty cornflake packets...

View attachment 107387

I hope you’re not inferring that our good friend OMM is nearly 180-years old!! Now I realise why he calls himself Old Man Mavic.

A great big shout out to Old Man Mavic.
I have been a member of the forum since 2018, not long by some standards and veteran status by others.
I openly confess I surf the forums to further my knowledge and thusly produce a more enjoyable experience when flying.
I have particularly noticed over time, one individual is always in discussions and ready and willing to provide advice to all comers.
OLD MAN MAVIC, based in Wales, UK, has always provide a clear and succinct advice for almost all situations pertaining to almost all areas of the globe. One could think of him as an International UAS Ambassador. I reside in the USA and have noticed that when questions are posed as to specific legalities of a particular subjectOMM has the spot on answer. Leads me to believe he wrote the exam questions for the US Part 107 tests.

Old Man Mavic, my hat is tipped! You have done the forum a service by providing valued input on a multitude of questions. I sincerely hope you to continue your sharing of info and advice to others. You have truly enhanced the mavicpilots.com arena.

Thank you, sincerely! May you keep your rotors turning for many more years.

Jeffrey Wagner aka theDRONEranger

My thanks to DirkClod for permission to post! You, too, are a good man!
I enjoy reading his posts.

Well deserved praised. Very knowledgable. He is one of those core members that know a lot of things and is generous enough to share his knowledge and time.
I still think Old Man Mavic could split an atom while just using random items he finds around his home.

Congrats OMM , You are always present and pleasant. Thank You.
Learned a lot from Your posts and OTHERS too

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird