DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shout out to DDS Mavic Mini teardown video

DDS

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Good work and hope it brings you in more business .
Was very useful info. Thumbswayup Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes kudos to @djidroneservice. I ordered my mini fly more from them when they announced they had 5 pallets of them. It was shipped promptly on the 11th as promised and I received it 3 days later. Very pleased with them. Would definitely order from them again.

Yes kudos to @djidroneservice. I ordered my mini fly more from them when they announced they had 5 pallets of them. It was shipped promptly on the 11th as promised and I received it 3 days later. Very pleased with them. Would definitely order from them again.
Still waiting for more combos ?
Glad ur happy and we are here to assist always

Made this video due to multiple forum requests,

Looks like other sites picked it up as very useful info

Any chance you can do a teardown of the Mavic Mini RC, so we know where the speaker is, to modulate the annoying heart attack beeping after 15% battery, by drilling through the case in the right spot, and applying pressure to the silver speaker? Actually, all we need is the exact location of where to drill on the underside, as it appears to not be in the same location as on the MP and M2, nor the Mavic Air.

Any chance you can do a teardown of the Mavic Mini RC, so we know where the speaker is, to modulate the annoying heart attack beeping after 15% battery, by drilling through the case in the right spot, and applying pressure to the silver speaker? Actually, all we need is the exact location of where to drill on the underside, as it appears to not be in the same location as on the MP and M2, nor the Mavic Air.
standby

Let’s not forget where the antenna connections are in that. ?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That is a very disturbing sound. It would be helpful if the app would post a warning that the RC battery is low much like it does for the AC low battery warning.
Since the app does not, you're probably better off with the audible alarm, especially if you're using a tablet mount that obscures the face of the RC where you can't easily see the battery level.

Wait, that was with the M2 that I was low in battery. I remember now because the LCD display showed 12% battery level.
These apps are getting rather power hungry.

That is a very disturbing sound. It would be helpful if the app would post a warning that the RC battery is low much like it does for the AC low battery warning.
Since the app does not, you're probably better off with the audible alarm, especially if you're using a tablet mount that obscures the face of the RC where you can't easily see the battery level.

Wait, that was with the M2 that I was low in battery. I remember now because the LCD display showed 12% battery level.
These apps are getting rather power hungry.
Battery level percentage and cell voltage of the lowest M2 battery cell is easily seen in GO 4 on the main screen, even when an iPad blocks the RC display, without requiring any beeping.

I assumed you meant the noise the RC makes when it's battery goes below 15%. That is a very startling sound. The RC battery state is not shown in the app. I don't find the low battery warning sound for the AC battery too bad.

I assumed you meant the noise the RC makes when it's battery goes below 15%. That is a very startling sound. The RC battery state is not shown in the app. I don't find the low battery warning sound for the AC battery too bad.
My bad. I misread your post as only relating the the AC battery state. You are correct that the RC battery state is not displayed in the app. Never encountered the low RC battery state, as I have never flown more than four back to back batteries without recharging the RC. The very startling sound of the AC battery being at 15% or below is one I encounter on every flight, and muffling it to the sound of a mewing kitten was my very first project! Muffled RC equals happy flight!

You're lucky. I went 12% on 3 batteries.
In my experience, every flight consumes roughly 17% of the RC battery, but I use an iPad, and charging the iPad by the RC is disabled. Are you using an Android device, where you cannot prevent the RC from charging it?

Yup. It seems the apps are getting more and more power hungry.

Try letting your RC go down to 15%. Sounds like a cheap alarm clock.

Reactions: DDS
Yup. It seems the apps are getting more and more power hungry.

Try letting your RC go down to 15%. Sounds like a cheap alarm clock.
I would highly recommend an iPad to solve the RC charging the tablet issue. Under $300 for the 9.7” most current version. Also consider drilling the hole in the RC and putting pressure on the speaker to muffle it. Makes for a happy M2 experience!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat