DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

I use a Thule tablet holder for my ipad mini and made a strap that goes through the Mavic bags belt loop to hold it. I only use this when I dont want to carry a bigger bag or caee.
20170904_162159.jpg

1580b3411bc4ea91298ee2b047572ded.jpg
I use this AARP bag I found lying around the house. Fits Mavic and RC , and 1 extra battery.

Reactions: Adamcain112
ac4c8fc8b866da380b865e4feab7938c.jpg

Pelican 1200, Minimalism is my style, smallest case I could find that could fit Mavic, Rc and extra battery. Paramedic style bright yellow case incase I loose it in a low vis area.
I use a 1200 as well for light day trips without the goggles. It has a small footprint and really throws people off when you tell them there's a drone inside :)

It should, the mesh part is big enough for an iPad Air 2 in my testing. It's a soft/hard type case and is really the best of both worlds and high quality.

I think it was about $50usd on eBay shipped.

Hard cases are ok, but I don't like them much. I have a pelican case for my GoPro gear, and a nice canon soft bag for my dslr. This blend of soft/hard case has made it easy with the shoulder strap and nice handle to carry around, and it's good stuff like metal attachment points on the smatree case.

Last edited:
Reactions: austindave
Old Cannon Camera Bag 9"L x 6.5"H x 4.5"W, holds Mavic, 3 Batteries (one in Mavic ), Crystal Sky 5.5", CS Battery, CS Mavic Mount Adapter, 3 set Polar Pro Filters,
1 Small Phillips screwdriver ( to mount CS ) 2 USB cables

Warning about using photo bags. Lenses and SLR bodies are usually very sturdy; in case of a fall, all they need for protection is some soft padding like those soft dividers. In case of Mavic, if the bag falls and the inertia concentrates on gimbal dome, it can be pushed in/disloged and can damage the gimbal (speaking from experience; Mavic was in its Fly More bag; fell a mere 1ft; the dome was pushed in from the front almost 1cm; pure luck that it didn't smash the gimbal). Precise-cut foam can better diffuse the inertial forces than those dividers.

Just a hypothesis based on one data point and some thinking. YMMV

Absolutely Right, I only use it for local ventures, ( and very careful when I do) any real traveling and I use a Hard Case as depicted in many of the above photos

I picked up this SKB case and love the form factor, build quality, small size. Not sure if you want to keep I dont know if I want a case that can hold my Mavmount also. But I will only be using this case if I am not planning hiking anywere, I will be using a backpack. I only use a case if I plan on parking somewhere and flying close to were I parked. So I could always throw my mount in a backpack. I have a problem with buying cases and camera bags. No joke I own over 23 camera bags and backpacks, its a bad addiction. Anyone else have this problem? For some reason I really like the shape of it maybe because its differant from most other.
20170910_212854.jpg 20170910_212937.jpg

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929