DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

Always looking for options to carry MPP & accessories.

Something isn't right.:(
You can disregard. @Jash Smith just joined to post unrelated content to get people to look at his website that lists tool bags/belts.

Hello, I am new on this forum, I have mavic pro platinium and I want some case, I need it for hiking and it is better for me to be smaller than usual case, can you give me any advice? thanks

Hello, I am new on this forum, I have mavic pro platinium and I want some case, I need it for hiking and it is better for me to be smaller than usual case, can you give me any advice? thanks
Trying here, something cheaper to start off with. Until you decide what you REALLY want! With hiking, you might be better off with a small bag or backpack and not a case. In the end, one bag/case will not fit all your needs. You will let's say have a few extra hanging around. Check out Lowepro also. Hope you find what you need.
Happy and Safe Flying.
.Waterproof Carrying Shoulder Bag Case For DJI Mavic PRO Platinum All Accessories | eBay

Trying here, something cheaper to start off with. Until you decide what you REALLY want! With hiking, you might be better off with a small bag or backpack and not a case. In the end, one bag/case will not fit all your needs. You will let's say have a few extra hanging around. Check out Lowepro also. Hope you find what you need.
Happy and Safe Flying.
.Waterproof Carrying Shoulder Bag Case For DJI Mavic PRO Platinum All Accessories | eBay
Yes I need bag not case, you are right, I can put it on my osprey.
what about this
NEW GOPRO CASEY CASE FOR GOPRO HERO CAMERAS 818279014044 | eBay

Lock&Lock, 3,6L (HPL833) Provide exact match for mp/mpp, RC and 2 extra batteries ! [No charger]. Perfect for carrying it to field or to a short trip. Water, dust and shock resistant, can be carried inside any pack or bag.
I've used some Polyethylene pink Foam (from hardware packaging) in order to create inner soft compartments, same foam goes on top and bottom as well to minimize movements of bird and parts.

IMG_3871.jpgIMG_3872.jpgIMG_3873.jpgIMG_3874.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: johnsctt78
Lock&Lock, 3,6L (HPL833) Provide exact match for mp/mpp, RC and 2 extra batteries ! [No charger]. Perfect for carrying it to field or to a short trip. Water, dust and shock resistant, can be carried inside any pack or bag.
I've used some Polyethylene pink Foam (from hardware packaging) in order to create inner soft compartments, same foam goes on top and bottom as well to minimize movements of bird and parts.

not a bad idea at all
View attachment 77238View attachment 77239View attachment 77240View attachment 77241

For $30 you can buy a very nice solution with a simple Amazon Basics camera backpack, way more convenient and functional. IMO if you're going to spend $1000 for a camera drone, it deserves a good method to protect and tote around. Tuperware is a bit crude IMO, but to each their own, whatever works for you.

This backpack provides:

1. Compartments for all Mavic and Mavic2 components and accessories INCLUDING the ipad or other tablets.
2. Perfect for travel. You must carry on your drone batteries, so keeping things together makes sense. This backpack not only fits in the overhead carry-on easily, it will also fit under the seat when the overhead is full, however I've never had to do that because it's small enough to often fit in the overhead when deemed full by the stewardess. I've always found room for it.
3. It provides a convenient way to hike or bike to launch sites, strapped to your back.
4. It has a nice handle to grab for short distance walks.
5. It works great to throw one strap over the shoulder for quick or short walks, such as through airports where you're taking it off and putting it on frequently.
6. Two outside storage pockets that fit Mavic and Mavic2 batteries, perfect for quick access without opening the pack for charging or flight exchange.
7. It's discrete. It doesn't scream drone. It looks like an ordinary backpack that nobody will suspect or pause to wonder what's inside. This is exactly how you want to appear around any people in public, discrete.
8. It's light and durable, plus the zippers in this pack are awesome, extremely easy to unzip and zip, making it a breeze to open and close.
9. The interior is configurable with velcro walls that allows custom compartments to be made for most anything. My Mavic2 fits in great, with all my accessories that can include RC, the charger, 4 battery charge cradel, 4 batteries and 9.7" iPad, among other items like a Osmo Action and handle, iPad mount for RC, etc.
10. It includes a waist belt and chest clip for longer hikes when needed.
11. Handy elastic cords on the exterior to easily lash and carry light clothing, such as a long sleeve shirt, light sweater, or rain cover-up, etc.

There are better backpacks that offer even better materials, but I have used this one over a year and it's been great. To look discrete, I decided it's a bad idea to use a National Geographic backpack, which is much nicer, but it could potentially give others the impression something expensive is inside, like high end camera gear, worth stealing.

Posted this in another thread, but I still think it worked out great. MyCaseBuilder did a great job for me.

LP

For $30 you can buy a very nice solution with a simple Amazon Basics camera backpack, way more convenient and functional. IMO if you're going to spend $1000 for a camera drone, it deserves a good method to protect and tote around. Tuperware is a bit crude IMO, but to each their own, whatever works for you.

This backpack provides:

1. Compartments for all Mavic and Mavic2 components and accessories INCLUDING the ipad or other tablets.
2. Perfect for travel. You must carry on your drone batteries, so keeping things together makes sense. This backpack not only fits in the overhead carry-on easily, it will also fit under the seat when the overhead is full, however I've never had to do that because it's small enough to often fit in the overhead when deemed full by the stewardess. I've always found room for it.
3. It provides a convenient way to hike or bike to launch sites, strapped to your back.
4. It has a nice handle to grab for short distance walks.
5. It works great to throw one strap over the shoulder for quick or short walks, such as through airports where you're taking it off and putting it on frequently.
6. Two outside storage pockets that fit Mavic and Mavic2 batteries, perfect for quick access without opening the pack for charging or flight exchange.
7. It's discrete. It doesn't scream drone. It looks like an ordinary backpack that nobody will suspect or pause to wonder what's inside. This is exactly how you want to appear around any people in public, discrete.
8. It's light and durable, plus the zippers in this pack are awesome, extremely easy to unzip and zip, making it a breeze to open and close.
9. The interior is configurable with velcro walls that allows custom compartments to be made for most anything. My Mavic2 fits in great, with all my accessories that can include RC, the charger, 4 battery charge cradel, 4 batteries and 9.7" iPad, among other items like a Osmo Action and handle, iPad mount for RC, etc.
10. It includes a waist belt and chest clip for longer hikes when needed.
11. Handy elastic cords on the exterior to easily lash and carry light clothing, such as a long sleeve shirt, light sweater, or rain cover-up, etc.

There are better backpacks that offer even better materials, but I have used this one over a year and it's been great. To look discrete, I decided it's a bad idea to use a National Geographic backpack, which is much nicer, but it could potentially give others the impression something expensive is inside, like high end camera gear, worth stealing.

You are right, most of your points are fairly reasonable. I spent a lot of thinking on the right solution... I have dedicated hard shell bag for it that I can carry on my back with all items, But- I was looking for something small that can be fitted inside any other generic bag with other items (like this for complete package ₪ 72.91 51% Off | Portable Folding Fishing Chair Camping Chair Seat 600D Oxford Cloth Aluminium Fishing Chair for Outdoor Picnic BBQ Beach Chair)

I think the l&l plastic tuperware is rigid enough and provides very good protection. Inside padded bag it will be even more protected (and district) The inner foam makes everything tight. As a bonus this is 100% water resistant.

You are right, most of your points are fairly reasonable. I spent a lot of thinking on the right solution... I have dedicated hard shell bag for it that I can carry on my back with all items, But- I was looking for something small that can be fitted inside any other generic bag with other items (like this for complete package ₪ 72.91 51% Off | Portable Folding Fishing Chair Camping Chair Seat 600D Oxford Cloth Aluminium Fishing Chair for Outdoor Picnic BBQ Beach Chair)

I think the l&l plastic tuperware is rigid enough and provides very good protection. Inside padded bag it will be even more protected (and district) The inner foam makes everything tight. As a bonus this is 100% water resistant.
Ah yes, that chair you referenced brings up another good point. Some flight spots don't have a place to sit down. I prefer sitting down to increase my stick control for precise flight. You really need to sit to do that easily, so I found a small portable chair that attaches to my backpack, allowing me to easily hike or bike with the chair attached. It weighs very little. Although I don't use it much, it's there when I need it.

Man......Some of you guys have some serious setups!!!!!

I'm just getting into it. So still collecting things. Just picked up a IPad Mini 4 as a flight only monitor.

This is the LowePro DroneGuard BP 200 Backpack for DJI Mavic Pro/Air, available at the usual online retailers (currently there is a promo that adds a free Manfrotto Element monopod, quite nice). I have a repurposed LowePro sling bag for the Mavic Pro, but got this for my Evo. It would work equally well for the Mavics, everything's configurable. On the outside, it doesn't look purple like the picture shows, it's more of a dark gray. This thing, for as small as it is, has LOTS of storage - you could easily add several more batteries. A small tablet would fit, and the strap has a spot for your phone that rides at the front. It's really camera bag repurposed for a drone and done very well.

Reactions: masic
Posted this on another thread. Really great gear here and some brilliant ideas. Anyways, had this custom made. Stores both my Mavic Pro and My Spark and all the accessories I can manage to shove in. Saves me a lot of space when traveling without compromising safety.
67718ec509bc422aca5988f3aa601d38.jpg

Figured I'd post up my new one as well, Honestly, I havent even flown the quad yet, between weather, living in a NFZ and other summer activities going on, I havent had the chance. It has had one battery used hovering in the house, thats it. 20190719_131529.jpg20190719_131603.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa