DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SIGNAL BOOSTER For M2Pro

Great information. I just checked the back of my Mavic 2 Zoom controller and I have the 1A. I live in the Scottsdale/Paradise Valley area of Phoenix. I generally fly right from my back patio. Where I live the homes are not packed too tightly. Within a mile radius it's about 80% homes and a few office buildings. Even with the parabolic on (Three Kings) I am lucky to get more than 4000 ft from my home. I haven't tested the limits lately as I have been staying within the sight view, but was wondering if there is anything else that I should check in my settings to increase my range?

Last edited:
Great information. I just checked the back of my Mavic 2 Zoom controller and I have the 1A. I live in the Scottsdale/Paradise Valley area of Phoenix. I generally fly right from my back patio. Where I live the homes are not packed too tightly. Within a mile radius it's about 80% homes and a few office buildings. Even with the parabolic on (Three Kings) I am lucky to get more than 4000 ft from my home. I haven't tested the limits lately as I have been staying within the sight view, but was wondering if there is anything else that I should check in my settings to increase my range?

What is your antenna orientation like, are they vertical to the ground, flat side facing the AC

My antennas are correctly positioned.

Are you running 2.4 or 5.8ghz ?
2.4ghz technically should have the better range if there is no intereference

Too dark to fly at the moment. I'll check and see. Can you change frequencies mid-flight?

It looks like I am on Auto and when I turned it on it shows 2.4.
Where I live is populated, but not like being in the middle of a city.
Would I be better off turning it to 5.8? Would this effect Return To Home?

What kind of difference in range can I expect keeping in mind I can go about 4000 FT now? Also is there a difficult installation required?
Quite good increase in range, though when using the boosters, you are limited to 2.4ghz only, the system does come with omni directional whip antenna +5 db, that are dual band. Have a look at the picture attached of a screenshot I made from a 10 km flight.IMG_0233.JPG

Reactions: Springerdog1

Costs are on the site depending on your specification, installation can be a bit tricky but there is a video of how to do it on the Titan site. If you follow the video it should be ok.

It looks like I am on Auto and when I turned it on it shows 2.4.
Where I live is populated, but not like being in the middle of a city.
Would I be better off turning it to 5.8? Would this effect Return To Home?

The M2pro constantly scan the frequencies both 2.4 and 5.8 ghz and switches between both in auto, you can go into manual settings and choose either 2.4 or 5.8 ghz. According to the manual the M2Pro in CE or FCC mode, has longer range and more power output in 2.4 ghz. I have watched mine switching in flight between the two frequencies and I certainly get less range with 5.8 before I fitted the Titan Switch.
The stock antennae on the M2Pro are I believe +3db , the switch comes with +5db omni whips and and a +9db left hand circular polarized directional panel antennae, with the option to buy a set of +9db omni directional whips, which I chose.
Most of the interference drone users get is from wifi routers that operate on 2.4ghz and 5.8 ghz. I rarely get any interference away from towns and cities, and dont use the switch 3 watt amplifiers, just the +9db omni whips and get good range with those.

The DJI store recommends, sells and installs the Four Hawks. They sell the two different models for 149 and 179 and charge 69 to install. Any opinions on the Four Hawks?

I use the Titan amplified antennas, the T-lock system allow you to swap out different antenna quickly from whips to amplified panels (different frequencies) to un-amplified panels etc.

The 4hawks are non amplified options and are a bit messier to put together, but they are good antennas.

IMHO since the ocusync 2.0 is already very good, using a passive circular polarised panel may not add any value, an amplified panel would have more benefit, the Titan's have the batteries for the amplifiers built into the panel built in

titan control and t-lock.jpg

If I were to install the four hawks, it would probably be the raptor XR, but they are directional panel antennae, and I have a boosted one for my P4Pro, the Titan conquer and the directional is exactly that, you have to point it directly at the drone, and the further the drone is from you the more accurate you have to be with the pointing, at say 3 km distant you have a few degrees either side of the drone, and the signal drops away. I prefer the switch because the antenna system comes with omni directional antennae, which do not require anything like the accuracy you need for directional panels.

If I were to install the four hawks, it would probably be the raptor XR, but they are directional panel antennae, and I have a boosted one for my P4Pro, the Titan conquer and the directional is exactly that, you have to point it directly at the drone, and the further the drone is from you the more accurate you have to be with the pointing, at say 3 km distant you have a few degrees either side of the drone, and the signal drops away. I prefer the switch because the antenna system comes with omni directional antennae, which do not require anything like the accuracy you need for directional panels.
I appreciate the help.

You're guessing, and you're mistaken. Parabolic dishes do work.

This dish can extend range 30 to 40%, and help mitigate rouge signal interference from sources located behind you. The increased signal integrity can easily be proven by flying out 3 or 4 miles without the reflector, or until you get 2 or 3 bars strength. Let the craft hover and install the reflector. You'll see an increase in bars. The radar screen make is possible for a 13yr old to easily aim the dish at the craft, very simply. Being off 20 degrees doesn't affect efficiency, it's not sensitive for exact direction pointing. These reflectors are one of the best $10 accessory values to get 5+ miles range, limited only by battery life. With M2 craft no amplifiers are necessary. Every time I plan to fly a long mission, I simply install the reflector. But of course, officially I never fly BVLOS. ;-)
Yes parabolic dishes have the highest gain of all, but unfortunately the "antenna boost" so called 'parabolic reflectors' are simple spherical reflectors only. Google the difference. You have been ripped off.

Yes parabolic dishes have the highest gain of all, but unfortunately the "antenna boost" so called 'parabolic reflectors' are simple spherical reflectors only. Google the difference. You have been ripped off.
You've obviously never tried and compared range performance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d