DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silly Mountain in Apache Junction, AZ. Mavic Pro Platinum and Osmo Pocket.

BingErr

Reactions
Last day in Arizona. We hiked a small mountain but it was outside of Phoenix so no flight restriction and I actually got some really nice shots of the surrounding area including Superstition Mountain. Used the Mavic Pro Platinum as well as the Osmo Pocket for walking footage and time-lapse at the top. Enjoy!

sillymountain (1).jpgsillymountain (5).jpgsillymountain (2).jpg

Great camera work. Always loved the area around the Superstitions. Youngest child was married at the base of the mountain on the left in your second still. Thanks for posting!

Great camera work. Always loved the area around the Superstitions. Youngest child was married at the base of the mountain on the left in your second still. Thanks for posting!
Very cool. It's a gorgeous area!

Very nice work! I'm happy you posted this today. I'm leaving for AZ in one week and look forward to doing some photography work with my MP1. Great to see some ideas from your work. Thanks!

Reactions: BingErr
JM... while you’re out here try a flight over (off the top of) the Mogollon Rim. It’s a 2500 ft high granite cliff, 300 miles long, amid multiple small lakes and the largest stand of ponderosa pine in North America. Recommend Hwy 260 north of Payson for access. Farther north on the same hwy try the white mountains and Painted Desert. All is open national forest.

Reactions: AMann and JMagnus
Very nice work! I'm happy you posted this today. I'm leaving for AZ in one week and look forward to doing some photography work with my MP1. Great to see some ideas from your work. Thanks!
Thanks JMagnus Glad you enjoyed.

Loved the perspective when you were flying "by" objects close, and especially when you descended next to the cactus. Very good work!
Thanks Jim. I sometimes fly too high and it starts to all look the same. I have to remember to fly lower to get the good perspectives.

Reactions: JMagnus
JM... while you’re out here try a flight over (off the top of) the Mogollon Rim. It’s a 2500 ft high granite cliff, 300 miles long, amid multiple small lakes and the largest stand of ponderosa pine in North America. Recommend Hwy 260 north of Payson for access. Farther north on the same hwy try the white mountains and Painted Desert. All is open national forest.
Thank you for the great idea! If I can talk my wife into it I definitely will check it out. We're spending 1 week in Tuscon and then 1 week in Sedona, so the Mogollon Rim is somewhat on the way. I'll have to use my persuasive power! lol

Reactions: Thomas B
Are you out there right now? Coconino NF is beautiful, but its raining with some snow ialso in the forcast around Peyson until Wednesday this week. If uou are there, you may have some great dramatic snow covered redrock to shoot, and it’s beautiful as well when wet. Just be careful on those roads!

Are you out there right now? Coconino NF is beautiful, but its raining with some snow ialso in the forcast around Peyson until Wednesday this week. If uou are there, you may have some great dramatic snow covered redrock to shoot, and it’s beautiful as well when wet. Just be careful on those roads!
No I leave next Saturday. Hopefully there will still be some snow there when I get there. Thanks for the info!!

Reactions: AMann
Very enjoyable video. You make me really want to get out there and fly, but February in New York is not very cooperative. Tomorrow's forecast looks good though. I loved that top down view of the big saguaro cactus. Cool!

Very enjoyable video. You make me really want to get out there and fly, but February in New York is not very cooperative. Tomorrow's forecast looks good though. I loved that top down view of the big saguaro cactus. Cool!
I flew here in Minnesota a few days ago and the wind chill was -46. It was not enjoyable. Hahaha!

The Sedona area red rocks is spectacular, just be sure to contact local airport and the multiple helicopter tour operators. BTW, if you go by the helicopter tour office on the main drag in old town Sedona you can get a fre helicopter tour. Be sure to check out Jerome and Mingus Mountin also.
1549209051813.jpeg1549209051813.jpeg

The Sedona area red rocks is spectacular, just be sure to contact local airport and the multiple helicopter tour operators. BTW, if you go by the helicopter tour office on the main drag in old town Sedona you can get a fre helicopter tour. Be sure to check out Jerome and Mingus Mountin also.
View attachment 61700View attachment 61700
Great ideas and info. Thank you!

Living in Phoenix, I do love this area. The Mogollon Rim area is high on my list, when things warm up a bit and we get back up there to camp. The drive up to Payson is pretty, and adds to the experience. If you go, I recommend going through Payson, Pine, and Strawberry. You can go up on the Rim, and take Forrest Road 300 (Rim Road) about 5-7 miles and you'll pop out on the Rim. You can also follow the fire control road (take a right, just before entering Pine), and that road runs along the Rim, but below it. You can actually drive the upper Rim Road for about 30 miles, and it rejoins SR 260, which you can then take back into Payson and down into Phoenix. The Rim Road is driveable by normal passenger cars, but it can be a little bumpy in spots. Lots of fantastic views.

Nice camera work, by the way. I have a Litchi mission already set up for the Superstitions, and just haven't had the time yet to fly it.

Reactions: BingErr and JMagnus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada