DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

simple editing questions

ninja_geezer

Reactions
ok so i want to do simple edits ie join together video from my MA2 and add an audio track ,i have been using VSDC pro and it works just fine except i stream all my stuff via a NVIDIA shield and its been great for 3 years we use it everything nearly ,i use kodi installed on the shield as the platform to access my files on the windows pc from music to pictures to films ect, kodi will not play the video when i have run it through the editor ,ive tried mkv and avi and also .mov as the finished video ,i am pulling my hair out here .i have tried plex but nope it cant even play them it just stutters and gives up .i really did think kodi would play anything ,now i am wondering if its this h265 codec i used to record in.
i used this as i thought it was meant to give the best quality .the thing is kodi plays the raw footage from the drone perfect ,any advice please.

If Kodi plays the raw footage fine then It’s not the h265 codec causing the issue mate.
It’ll be down to the video format/codec that VDSC Pro is producing.
Check what codec you’ve got it set to output as.
Not having any experience with that software I can’t really offer much more in the way of advice.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
As gb160 has said, if it plays all framrate footage from the drone fine, then something in your editor is rotten. Do you have the option for .mp4, I doubt that will make any difference, but you did not list it. I dont know that software well either, but there are lots of other options for the PC, quite a few free or super cheap.

If Kodi plays the raw footage fine then It’s not the h265 codec causing the issue mate.
It’ll be down to the video format/codec that VDSC Pro is producing.
Check what codec you’ve got it set to output as.
Not having any experience with that software I can’t really offer much more in the way of advice.
yes i guess it makes sense ,i want to play the great footage in all its glory on the large sony tv,
how do you play yours back and what software do you use.

As gb160 has said, if it plays all framrate footage from the drone fine, then something in your editor is rotten. Do you have the option for .mp4, I doubt that will make any difference, but you did not list it. I dont know that software well either, but there are lots of other options for the PC, quite a few free or super cheap.
any suggestions on the software what do you use yourself ? tried mp4 it was horrible it did play but not nice.

yes i guess it makes sense ,i want to play the great footage in all its glory on the large sony tv,
I use Final Cut Pro x mate, never had any issues like you mention, also playing back via kodi onto my 4K TV.

I'm old-school, so I use a direct connection between my MacBook Pro and the TV (HDMI 4k)
I use a variety of editors, FinalCut Pro X, Resolve, Movavi, Shotcut, Vegas Pro.... depends on which machine I am on. I have a Windows setup also.
For playback, on the Mac, its Quicktime.

VSDC is not perfect. It seems to have problem with 4K video. There's often corruptions and artifacts when I export. It also have problems when you export your video to a smaller size.

I was using filmora 9 that was giving me headaches....flickering and shaky footage. Now I use adobe premiere element 2020 and it resolved my problems?You get what you pay for ?

I use Final Cut Pro x mate, never had any issues like you mention, also playing back via kodi onto my 4K TV.
cool next question what final output type do you choose ?

cool next question what final output type do you choose ?

I find file type doesn't really make any difference for me, mp4, mkv, mov all play ok....and tend to stick to x265 codec because its the most efficient.

The only thing that annoys me is I'd very much like to leave the codec and bitrate as it is, to save any degradation...but it always seems to re-encode which can take a while and makes my MacBook's fans start blasting full whack.
The output quality is spot on though.

I choose TV and make sure the render is to top quality and not normal .... The program will automatically choose the same definition that you have set up your footage.

I choose TV and make sure the render is to top quality and not normal .... The program will automatically choose the same definition that you have set up your footage.
sugar im on windows so no good for me.....

The thing that determines quality and playability is codec and bit rate. The container formats - mov, mp4, etc only help the display system figure out the video configuration. They have no effect on quality.

It is compatible with windows and MAC and for the output you choose what you want!
arh ok the one i looked at said my pc win 10 was not compatible.

Been having a play with the latest Filmora 9.5 its fast and the output files look great on the big Sony tv....:D:D

I was using filmora 9 that was giving me headaches....flickering and shaky footage. Now I use adobe premiere element 2020 and it resolved my problems?You get what you pay for ?
just having a play with filmora this afternoon ,initial impressions are very good ,looks great on my TV.

It is compatible with windows and MAC and for the output you choose what you want!
had a look i cannot see a version for windows 10 do you have a link please.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzo