DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Single Battery Charger : - Anyone have swollen batteries from that ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I realize this topic has been beaten down into the dates of batteries and batches but I was just wondering if those that only have the
single charger have had the problem with the swollen batteries.

We have never purchased the Fly More Package and as such have never had any swollen batteries.
We do use the single battery charger and third party chargers and of course the battery and power button are covered with the the Wet Suit

and we know the Water , Sand , Dirt can enter the power button and fully compromise the battery but enough people have stated that neither of those attributes apply to there swollen batteries.

When I look at my Third Party Battery Chargers they are built like a tank with cooling fans and flashing lights and I can here the fans come on and off as they charge and discharge.

The Phantom 4 batteries started to show swelling 3 1/2 years in all charged on Third Party chargers and single chargers.

The Mavic 2 batteries are going strong as well as the Mavic Pro and the Air 2 all of which were not purchased with the Fly More Package .

So just curious for those flying single charged batteries.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and float on water.

@Phantomrain.org i dont think that using the hub from the flymore package to charge the batteries ,would make any difference to just charging them one at a time it uses the same charging brick for both sorts of charge and only charges one battery at a time ,i have the Yx brand of multi chargers and my 4 batteries for each drone, all with similar charge numbers have not suffered from any swelling the average charge count for my MPP is 110 per battery ,and for the MM its 33 per battery i firmly believe that heat combined with to low a discharge ,and poor handling and storage are the reasons that most batteries swell ,and i also think that the change from 3 cell to 4 cell batteries for certain mavic models in an attempt to increase flight time and performance was a retrograde step as it meant packing an extra cell in a package not much bigger than the three cells that went before

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I guess you can call the DJI battery hub as single chargers since they charge each battery sequentially.
I have used these from 2016 and have not had a single battery swelling so that it deforms the battery casing, whether they have swelled internally is not something I can check

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I am like you old man mavic and use multi chargers for my DJI & Xiaomi drones with no issue (yet).
Don't understand why DJI don't make a charger that can charge multiple batteries at the same time as an optional extra , I am sure it would fly off the shelf.
I can charge my 5 batteries at the same time using the multi charger for 4 & 1 on the DJI charger saving hours, when I want to fly I want to fly as quickly as possible not waste half a day waiting for all my batteries to charge.

One thing that happened with the Air 2 that made me wonder about this was that were some frequent posts that if you used the DJI multi charger first before using the single charger it would brick your battery .

By Brick I mean that you could not use the battery because it was not identify with DJI so a memo went out
that your very first charge had to be on the single charger for the battery to identify with DJI so you could use it.

This got me thinking about different chargers.and if it was a firmware update that fixed it and if it could have fixed other problems.

Reactions: old man mavic
@THE CYBORG i think the reason for the charger that DJI put in their products ,is a lot to do with cost and packaging size and weight ,plus the fact that it can be used in many different places around the world with just a different plug ,but i agree if they made a multi charger it would be a good seller

One thing that happened with the Air 2 that made me wonder about this was that were some frequent posts that if you used the DJI multi charger first before using the single charger it would brick your battery .

By Brick I mean that you could not use the battery because it was not identify with DJI so a memo went out
that your very first charge had to be on the single charger for the battery to identify with DJI so you could use it.

This got me thinking about different chargers.and if it was a firmware update that fixed it and if it could have fixed other problems.
i believe that was more to do with the way the batteries were prepared for being transported to the consumer ,and the way that the hub works ,the method they used was different to mavics before the MA2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne