DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sitting and flying

How many people sit while flying your Mavic

• Total voters
Great chair for flying the Mavic
e8746ebd39536bfb35b86f3b3fe696de.jpg

I need this for my DCS flight simulations! nice!

I'm a lot more comfortable sitting than standing no matter if I'm flying my Mavic Pro, my Phantoms, or my Inspire v2 than standing and I feel that I can control my Quadcopters better sitting with my Remote in my lap.

I ordered my first Phanton 1 when I was in ICU it was a goal 4 me to get well and use it. I flew it the 1st time from a seated position a few months later. So seated flying is how I started with my P1, P2 and P3 professional and now mavic

I never sit when I'm flying the Mavic, I've usually walked or cycled out to the location I'm flying and often walk along with the Mavic as I'm flying it.

I am still pretty new to flying and I like standing when first take off and when I'm landing but when I'm trying to be very smooth with the sticks it seems like I could do it better if I was sitting.

Always standing....too used to flying the 700 size heli's and um....yea u need to be standing for that it requires all of your attention and then some!

I always sit. Either in the back of the SUV with the trunk open, or right on the grass if I'm in a park. I find it a lot easier to have one less thing to deal with (standing and keeping my balance, LOL). I also look, to a casual observer from some directions, like I'm reading a Kindle and I don't mind not getting asked any questions.

It's easy enough to stand up if needed but there's no real need for it.

Never though about that. I always keep standing until the end of my 3 batterys. Good idea. Will sit down and relax next time :D

If it's cold outside or overly sunny I sit in my truck and fly from there,especially missions. Otherwise I stand so I can see what kind of trouble I am getting into.

In the end this really depends on what type of flying or what type of filming you are trying to achieve, in my opinion. I do sit when flying for fun or in a wide open area. But if there are obstacles or other criteria that require a greater atention, then standing, walking and changing my VLOS perspective is the way to go.

Reactions: Dragonfly
I only have 4 flights so far some I'm too nervous to sit. : )

@slimcobra yes the mavic is super easy.... I usually fly my p4 in atti mode to get a little excitement going. The quadcopters are what i fly when i want to relax and just chill

Yes, I fly in the Winter Months from inside our car & in the summer or better weather I use a beach foldup chair.....all very comfortable which is what you need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones