DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sitting and flying

How many people sit while flying your Mavic

• Total voters

slimcobra

Reactions
So if you have a few batteries and you are doing a lot of flying you could be standing for a bit. I thought of bringing out a chair to sit in while flying. How many of you already sit while you fly?

I sit on the travel case I carry my gear in its pretty big. Or depending on location I just sit on whats around eg: cliff edge, rocks, wood stack.

I guess Im in the minority. I always stand as do most of the people I fly with. I just feel like if something goes wrong, I can get there alot faster if Im already standing rather than having to bolt from a chair. I feel like Im able to better keep situational awareness for dogs, joggers, and other obstacles. Standing also allows for better pivoting for LOS flight than sitting stationary. If I intend to fly more than 1 battery, I go sit down for a few minutes after a flight, to cool my nerves and rest my eyes, B.S. with whoever Im flying with,and then go back out again.

The only time I sit down is if Im wearing goggles, and someone else is flying, such as my good buddy @Cyberpower678 . The goggles get heavy for me after a while, and sitting down reduces some of the dizziness I sometimes get with the goggles. It's enjoyable to sit down and view birdseye through the goggles as he flies with his Crystalsky, and he doesnt mind.

Last edited:
I guess Im in the minority. I always stand as do most of the people I fly with. I just feel like if something goes wrong, I can get there alot faster if Im already standing rather than having to bolt from a chair. I feel like Im able to better keep situational awareness for dogs, joggers, and other obstacles. Standing also allows for better pivoting for LOS flight than sitting stationary. If I intend to fly more than 1 battery, I go sit down for a few minutes after a flight, to cool my nerves and rest my eyes, B.S. with whoever Im flying with,and then go back out again.

The only time I sit down is if Im wearing goggles, and someone else is flying, such as my good buddy @Cyberpower678 . The goggles get heavy for me after a while, and sitting down reduces some of the dizziness I sometimes get with the goggles. It's enjoyable to sit down and view birdseye through the goggles as he flies with his Crystalsky, and he doesnt mind.

Dang man.. How low do you typically fly to encounter dogs and joggers on your flights?

Dang man. How low do you typically fly to encounter dogs and joggers on your flights?

I fly at 350 - 375' and I fly almost every day of the year. Joggers, dogs, kids, etc. can instantly appear in my LZ, even if they are just transiting the area. When I fly, I am constantly looking around 180° to see if there is anything that could potentially get in the way of a safe landing.

If I am in the parking lot in the park where some of us drone pilots meet on Sunday, I have a black 4'x6' mat with a yellow X on it to keep people from walking on or near it, and letting cars know not to park there. I also keep a bright yellow construction vest in my car that I wear when Im flying without a friend or spotter.

Last edited:
I was hesitant to say this but I will anyway :p I fly sometimes while lying in my bed
i enjoy doing many things in my bed:mad: but playing with my mavic isnt one of them as it simply will not connect,,could be that i have 3 computers,4 monitors,several tablets,several wifi devices in here that confuse the mavic...

i enjoy doing many things in my bed:mad: but playing with my mavic isnt one of them as it simply will not connect,,could be that i have 3 computers,4 monitors,several tablets,several wifi devices in here that confuse the mavic...
My bedroom has a big sliding glass door that opens to a good size balcony facing the beach. Sometimes I sea boats near by and send the Mavic to check them out. Yesterday I sent the Mavic about two kilometers in the sea to see a beautiful boat and the people in it freaked out looking up at a drone hovering around them
I just get a kick out of it :D

Yes I do fly while sitting, mostly from my car. I'll go find a spot on the edge of a lot near the woods or open fields and set the Mavic on top of my car to take off. When it's sitting on a bunch of metal it has compass issues so I'll take off and let it get its bearings right above or in front of my car. Once it's locked in and all green I go and do what I need to do.

Been flying much more from the car here recently with the cold temperatures.

Great chair for flying the Mavic
e8746ebd39536bfb35b86f3b3fe696de.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard