DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sitting and flying

How many people sit while flying your Mavic

• Total voters
I do most of my flying sitting at the dining room table.
I live on the side of the mountain with big windows facing the valley.

Great chair for flying the Mavic
e8746ebd39536bfb35b86f3b3fe696de.jpg
Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Always standing....too used to flying the 700 size heli's and um....yea u need to be standing for that it requires all of your attention and then some!
Also used at that way, but after heli's i went to full on Quad racing. There you had to sit, otherwise you would end up on your head. So since then i sit while flying Mavic, but also i just fly with the goggles, never just on screen :)

So if you have a few batteries and you are doing a lot of flying you could be standing for a bit. I thought of bringing out a chair to sit in while flying. How many of you already sit while you fly?
I spent 17,000 hours sitting whilst flying, so that no longer appeals to me lol! As I seldom use the RTH feature, being able to jump out of the way should I screw up the descent and landing appeals more than sitting down. Also I like to always face the direction the drone has flown to so that the best possible signal is being transmitted/received. If you sit and the drone goes behind you, you may encounter a poor link sooner perhaps?

Depends on my location. It's summer here in Australia and on the weekend, I lay down and used the hard case as a hard pillow.

At the beach I use a beach foldup chair because all flights I do there are over the water not to disturb people. It is interesting -drones are very rare in this country and every day I go to the beach there are people who are really interested in, very friendly, only curious about the drone. The only thing they detest is when I am telling that the drone is made in China!
Only one time when flying above an areal where they made a middle age movie for tv three privat security men and a woman came and asked me to give them the SD cart of the drone. They wanted to look at the drone itself. For this I told them only police would have the right to touch the drone. I told them that there where only pictures on my smartphone, I showed them as I erased the pictures, The content of the SD cart was saved. Best of all was how they argued about a no fly zone about this area: They tried to tell me that it was military area. When I answered them that it would be quite ridiculose seeing those soldiers of a modern army fighting on horses and with swords they changed their argumentation. Was funny ...
When droning in the mountains I stand all the time because of the obstacles.

the people in it freaked out looking up at a drone hovering around them
I just get a kick out of it :D

And you don't think this is a good reason for people to conclude that all drone pilots are peeping toms??. You get a kick out of it!! Perhaps you should be kicked for it!!!

I sit in my living room recliner, in my car, on my porch, in my golf cart and I carry a folding stool. Sitting helps me stay relaxed and calm and conserves energy for that potential recovery trek.

And you don't think this is a good reason for people to conclude that all drone pilots are peeping toms??. You get a kick out of it!! Perhaps you should be kicked for it!!!
No man, I don’t that is a good reason for people to conclude that all drone pilots are peeping toms. First thing, I said hovering around them NOT on top of them in a public area with no zone restrictions. I follow the regulations of not flying close to people by at least 50 meters with the maximum allowed altitude. Second thing, to me this is the same thing as if you have a fancy car and people are taking pictures of it. As a matter of fact, the same thing happened to me last year. Me and my family were in my boat and a phantom drone flew around us. We didn’t think anything bad of it and we actually waved at it. That lead me to buy my drone cause I thought it was a cool gadget.

Before, there was hardly any drone in our beach area but now it is a common thing.

No one should be kicked for it … Cheers and have a great day Thumbswayup

Reactions: naturecannon
So if you have a few batteries and you are doing a lot of flying you could be standing for a bit. I thought of bringing out a chair to sit in while flying. How many of you already sit while you fly?

I carry a foldable chair. I have 4 batteries so I get good stick time.

No one should be kicked for it

You're right, of course. I'm sorry for my contentious play on your words.

Its just that it strikes me as an obvious invasion of privacy. I wonder how friendly your wave might have been if your wife or daughter had been taking advantage of their expectation of privacy on your boat by nude sunbathing for instance.

If it were me. I'd be really concerned about my drone being taken for say, a clay pigeon. Where I come from, skeet shooting from a boat is not uncommon. I personally would prefer a swift kick to remind me that 'freaking' people out with my drone in not only unbecoming and unwise, it could be costly for all of us..

You're right, of course. I'm sorry for my contentious play on your words.

Its just that it strikes me as an obvious invasion of privacy. I wonder how friendly your wave might have been if your wife or daughter had been taking advantage of their expectation of privacy on your boat by nude sunbathing for instance.

If it were me. I'd be really concerned about my drone being taken for say, a clay pigeon. Where I come from, skeet shooting from a boat is not uncommon. I personally would prefer a swift kick to remind me that 'freaking' people out with my drone in not only unbecoming and unwise, it could be costly for all of us..

Nude sunbathing you are fare game.
Shooting a drone down is not legal.

There is no expectation of privacy from the air.

Aug 28, 2014 · "In the 1989 case Florida v. Riley, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that since airplanes and helicopters often fly over private property, citizens do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy that their activities will not be observed from the air.”

Reactions: lrsn
Nude sunbathing you are fare game.
Shooting a drone down is not legal.

There is no expectation of privacy from the air.

Aug 28, 2014 · "In the 1989 case Florida v. Riley, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that since airplanes and helicopters often fly over private property, citizens do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy that their activities will not be observed from the air.”

I was inspecting my roof tonight with my drone after the repairman was done. I hate getting on roofs. Next door lady asked if I was spying on her. I told her only if she was naked. She chuckled.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku