DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skinning - easy?

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Was flying yesterday (spotted some deer - but didn't know it until I got home and played the recording) and out to my furthest point (2.1 km). Also on a shorter flight (1.7 km) but with more trees in the way got a forced RTH for signal loss for the first time. (That's when it all flashes in your head: did I set it up right? / have faith.) About 15 seconds later got the signal back. Cool to see later on the recorded track download of the KML that it was making a beeline to H until I took over again.

Anyhoo, given the grey/white conditions of the day I could imagine myself trying to find the Mavic in the woods...

So I ordered the Taco-RC Remote Orange skin. I would have preferred a chrome-yellow, but the decalgirl yellow is obscenely priced - plus you have to pay extra per battery! (Taco comes with 4 battery skins). Orange allegedly has some push back effect on birds. I'll regret the orange in the autumn ...

La question: are these skins easy to apply?

It's a very detailed process, but anyone should be able to do it with some patience. Here's a video showing a skin being installed on a Mavic:

Was flying yesterday (spotted some deer - but didn't know it until I got home and played the recording) and out to my furthest point (2.1 km). Also on a shorter flight (1.7 km) but with more trees in the way got a forced RTH for signal loss for the first time. (That's when it all flashes in your head: did I set it up right? / have faith.) About 15 seconds later got the signal back. Cool to see later on the recorded track download of the KML that it was making a beeline to H until I took over again.

Anyhoo, given the grey/white conditions of the day I could imagine myself trying to find the Mavic in the woods...

So I ordered the Taco-RC Remote Orange skin. I would have preferred a chrome-yellow, but the decalgirl yellow is obscenely priced - plus you have to pay extra per battery! (Taco comes with 4 battery skins). Orange allegedly has some push back effect on birds. I'll regret the orange in the autumn ...

Do you have a video or can you show us the HealthyDrones KML? I would love to look at that. :D

Holy crap, you don't live that far from me. Maybe 2 or 3 hours. Also holy crap, literally everyone has a pool in their backyard. :O :D

It's a Quebec thing. Mainly cheap above ground pools (but a lot of in ground too with generous financing terms).

I never got it. Need at least a 25m pool to swim in. 33 better. 50 best.

And "where" is that that is 2 or 3 hours away?

It's a Quebec thing. Mainly cheap above ground pools (but a lot of in ground too with generous financing terms).

I never got it. Need at least a 25m pool to swim in. 33 better. 50 best.

And "where" is that that is 2 or 3 hours away?
Northern New Hampshire. :D

Nice cops there. Got hauled for passing in a construction zone somewhere around Colebrook. Took my creds. Came back with a warning and let me go. (Don't recall if he was local or state).
Nice but also strict. Police fines are a primary source of state income in New Hampshire. The taxes are very low here. Hence the motto, "Live free or die"

I used ICarbon, half done, application very user friendly & fitment is good. I posted about 30 minutes ago if you want to take a peak.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've watched icarbons skins installed. Takes some care and precision. How well do the Taco-RC skins adhere? I hate it when the skins bubble or edges release.

I've watched icarbons skins installed. Takes some care and precision. How well do the Taco-RC skins adhere? I hate it when the skins bubble or edges release.

The Taco-RC are in Canadian Customs - waiting to see if they ding me with duty... should have them next week. I seem to have read somewhere that a little time with a hot hair dryer may be needed... we'll see ... I'll take my time with them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom