DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

Here is my beautiful baby!
be6bdb7aae73312cb38636ef16277680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both look pretty good, but I wonder if you are having the same issue as I am. On mine the skin is constantly starting to peel off and i need to press it back down constantly, mainly where the 90 degree folds are on the arms. The battery skins also seem to peel up a little from time to time. Anyone else having that issue or did I just get a dud?

Reactions: Skychs
Lots of pics of top side of Mavic. Any pics of underside? Isn't that what most people will see when flying?

Just wondering if those decals also wrap around the underside of the arms. I already know they won't cover the belly of the bird.

Lots of pics of top side of Mavic. Any pics of underside? Isn't that what most people will see when flying?

Just wondering if those decals also wrap around the underside of the arms. I already know they won't cover the belly of the bird.
Wraps do not go on the bottom as the heatsink would be negatively affected by it. I have not seen any wraps that cover the bottom.

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read your question. Yes, the wraps do go all the way around the arms.

Reactions: dsd317
Wraps from Dronewraps Japan seem to have the best coverage of all the others I've seen:

skip towards the end to see finished wrap:
Not the best views of the finished Mavic but at least you get to see more of the underside as he's wrapping.

Are there other wraps out there that have similar coverage?

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Mine doesn't cover quite as much and I think the dronewrap one is probably the best I have seen. I am just waiting for them to start selling on Amazon or get their US site running. I don't feel comfortable purchasing on a site I have to translate and doesn't have payment options I typically use.

man....that looks like it takes some practice to get it just right and there is no room for error when doing this yourself...

man....that looks like it takes some practice to get it just right and there is no room for error when doing this yourself...

They're really forgiving. Just takes a little time, but not hard.

any idea when DroneWraps will have an English website for U.S. orders? I guess I could always have a co-worker help me order it since I work for a Japanese company.

any idea when DroneWraps will have an English website for U.S. orders? I guess I could always have a co-worker help me order it since I work for a Japanese company.
I translated the page with Google Chrome and I can see they accept PayPal but I think I will still wait until they have an official US site before ordering. Some parts of the page are not able to be translated and the checkout page is one of them.

i just did the same.....I may have one of my co-workers translate for me tomorrow and see how much the shipping is but the Wrap appears to be 3900 Yen and 2 sets of additional battery wraps (5 total) are another 1300 Yen each. So it will be about 6500 Yen for everything (plus shipping).

Working on my Blue Vinyl cover from ICarbons....kind of silly question, the diagram says these are part of the "Body" where do they go?
15967446_1315558875157567_1170576591_o.jpg

So this is an existing design that my illustrator son had drawn, was looking for something that was bright and easy to find in grass and was unique..

home

Mission success! :D

Attachments

• 20170111_191100_resized.jpg
    20170111_191100_resized.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 410
Both look pretty good, but I wonder if you are having the same issue as I am. On mine the skin is constantly starting to peel off and i need to press it back down constantly, mainly where the 90 degree folds are on the arms. The battery skins also seem to peel up a little from time to time. Anyone else having that issue or did I just get a dud?

Use a hairdryer for not more then 5 seconds on they whole thing, part by part and press down on the sticker. Mine had peeling issues too but after the hairdryer all's good

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I read somewhere (I think in one of their youtube comments) that they're working on an international website which should be up and running late January.

Reactions: lcva
Now the next question, if I decide to take off the decal is that hard to do and does it leave a residue of any kind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fastback65
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU