DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

Both look pretty good, but I wonder if you are having the same issue as I am. On mine the skin is constantly starting to peel off and i need to press it back down constantly, mainly where the 90 degree folds are on the arms. The battery skins also seem to peel up a little from time to time. Anyone else having that issue or did I just get a dud?

Professional vinyl wrappers use a spray bottle of tack adhesive liquid for spraying the corner edges that would normaly peel up with out it. From my experience this is a must for any vinyl wrap job big or small. ...Almost any

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: jdlotus
Professional vinyl wrappers use a spray bottle of tack adhesive liquid for spraying the corner edges that would normaly peel up with out it. From my experience this is a must for any vinyl wrap job big or small. ...Almost any

There are many different grades of vinyl, thickness, maluability, adhesive strength etc all varies

Reactions: lemuel
Use a hairdryer for not more then 5 seconds on they whole thing, part by part and press down on the sticker. Mine had peeling issues too but after the hairdryer all's good
I tried using a heat gun and it didn't seem to help much on my set, some places seem to stick better but there are still a couple of trouble spots I cannot seem to get to stay down, mostly on the arms where the wrap folds around the arm. Maybe I bought a set that is just too thick/stiff and has issues wrapping around corners. I bought mine from Taco RC, thinking of trying another set from a different source.

Working on my Blue Vinyl cover from ICarbons....kind of silly question, the diagram says these are part of the "Body" where do they go?
View attachment 3998
Yep those go inside the front arms. The holes in the piece is what the battery release buttons slip inside of when all folded up.

Interesting that yours included all the pieces for the rear legs and mine didn't. My set was missing the part that goes on the bottom of the legs.

I like the quality but just wish it had included all the pieces.

Now the next question, if I decide to take off the decal is that hard to do and does it leave a residue of any kind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DecaGirl leave a little residue. easy to remove.
ICarbon is cleaner

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Do these cause issues with signals? I remember reading a thread about decals or painting the body of the P3 and they said not to because it causes issues.

Really want one for my Mavic when it comes because the pictures so far are ace!

Now the next question, if I decide to take off the decal is that hard to do and does it leave a residue of any kind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Form my experience. Heating first help release the adhesive after it has been on for a long time. Heat first and it should peel off easily. There will probably be residue around the edges and may have some all around. If so, just get some goo gone and put a light coat on and let sit for a min. Don't wipe it off but find something to scrape the adhesive off. If you wipe, it only tends to smear the adhesive around.

Reactions: lcva and Pp09nlk2n
Both look pretty good, but I wonder if you are having the same issue as I am. On mine the skin is constantly starting to peel off and i need to press it back down constantly, mainly where the 90 degree folds are on the arms. The battery skins also seem to peel up a little from time to time. Anyone else having that issue or did I just get a dud?

I know with mine the the instructions say to heat with hair dryer and press firmly to avoid peeling.

Form my experience. Heating first help release the adhesive after it has been on for a long time. Heat first and it should peel off easily. There will probably be residue around the edges and may have some all around. If so, just get some goo gone and put a light coat on and let sit for a min. Don't wipe it off but find something to scrape the adhesive off. If you wipe, it only tends to smear the adhesive around.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

I bought Ashland Aerial file and printed in black matte.
I used those vinil - I don't know how it is called in english - those you use for logos in glass doors for example...

Here is the result.

I tried DecaGirl and iCarbons before.

This is much lighter and look better. thanks Ashland Aerial.

f4d36bed3f972fb3a4ea10f934a50873.jpg

Reactions: ASA51N and Icarus
I bought Ashland Aerial file and printed in black matte.
I used those vinil - I don't know how it is called in english - those you use for logos in glass doors for example...

Here is the result.

I tried DecaGirl and iCarbons before.

This is much lighter and look better. thanks Ashland Aerial.

f4d36bed3f972fb3a4ea10f934a50873.jpg

Nice, so when are you going to cut some for those of us without a cutter :)

Reactions: Icarus
Nice, so when are you going to cut some for those of us without a cutter :)

I send to a place that gave me the print already cutted. pretty inexpensive compared with other skins. US$ 4 for the Ashland file, plus another 10 bucks to print and cut

I would appreciate your PDFs. Can you upload?
Sure! I did a test print today and compared the printoff to the top of the mavic..unfortunately it's not scaled properly. I'm working on resizing it, hopefully I'll have it finished tomorrow! Dunno if the OP of the template zoomed it but shouldn't be hard to correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54