DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins provide better visibility?

alonbl

Reactions
I searched the furom but didnt find an answer. If I put on an orange skin for example, will I have better visibility?
And if so, although everyone reccomend decalegirl I saw that slickwraps cost half. Are they any good?

Yup. It's still a spec in the distance, regardless of skin.

I have firehouse dual cree LEDs and they help a bit, but you know what's even more visible? The Auxiliary Bottom light. I don't keep it on, but I have the C1 button configured to if I need it in a pinch.

Skins are for close-up eye-candy, nothing more.

Chris

Ordered some strobes. Didn't see the Aux bottom light

...For best visibility get a bright strobe(s)... I use Firehouse ARC2s now... but ordered the new ARC XLs... the brightest strobe available and includes the L.A.N.D. Technology...

I'm looking forward to your evaluation of this combo......I use Cree’s for nav lights (red/green) and an Arc2 for the flashing white strobe on the rear.....works fine but at times I’d like brighter nav lights.

They all black when ya look up !!

I wrapped mine in a very bright chartreuse green in hopes that it would help with VLOS. NOPE! Like others have said, once it is a couple hundred feet away it is a little black blob. Gonna get some lights to help out.

Reactions: jumblemon
I wrapped mine in a very bright chartreuse green in hopes that it would help with VLOS. NOPE! Like others have said, once it is a couple hundred feet away it is a little black blob. Gonna get some lights to help out.
Take a look at the ones in post #5 above... currently the proven brightest available and have a 90 dB sound produced after no movement for 4 minutes.

Take a look at the ones in post #5 above... currently the proven brightest available and have a 90 dB sound produced after no movement for 4 minutes.

I got one for $39 earlier today

Reactions: Thomas B

I got one for $39 earlier today
Good move, very good strobes. I have four arc2's fitted to the legs and an arc XL red on top as a anti collision light. The skin is just there to protect the drone. I dont think I can do much more to make it visible at distance...

I'm still not sure which way to go. These Mini's are so small and the very light color makes them very difficult to see. I was all ready to purchase an Arc II until I saw this video on youtube
. Seems strobes are great at dusk and night, but not so much during the day. The problem with wraps, most I've seen are all about looks not visibility ie the decals are attached to the top of the drone. Who sees the top once it's airborne. WrapGrade offers more versatility but are more costly.

I searched the furom but didnt find an answer. If I put on an orange skin for example, will I have better visibility?
And if so, although everyone reccomend decalegirl I saw that slickwraps cost half. Are they any good?
Just put on Decalgirl skins a couple days ago. They were super
I'm still not sure which way to go. These Mini's are so small and the very light color makes them very difficult to see. I was all ready to purchase an Arc II until I saw this video on youtube
. Seems strobes are great at dusk and night, but not so much during the day. The problem with wraps, most I've seen are all about looks not visibility ie the decals are attached to the top of the drone. Who sees the top once it's airborne. WrapGrade offers more versatility but are more costly.
I just put on be Decalgirl skins a couple days ago. Went on easy and looks great. $32 for the drone and 2 extra battery skins. They have a 25% off coupon.

Attachments

• 20200121_115541.jpg
    20200121_115541.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member