DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skydio 2 - are we allowed to discuss here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wco81

Reactions
I saw references to its own forum but I don't see anything.

In any event, they seemed to have spent money on the sensing, as opposed to the camera sensor:

“[The Skydio 2 has] 45 megapixels of visual sensing from six 200 degree color cameras, Skydio 2 can see everything in every direction with unprecedented resolution and clarity. This is the foundation of trustworthy autonomous flight.”
Compare this with 4.9 megapixels for the Mavic Pro.

It seems like Skydio 2 is more for people who want to film themselves while Mavic 2 uses what is presumably better imaging sensor for landscapes.

Then again, the marketing for Mvic Mini seems to be appealing to people ho want to film themselves, an extension of the selfie.

With so much more imaging data to process, one would expect the Skydio 2 has more processing power than the Mavics. If that is the case, another way Skydio could differentiate itself would be to use computational photography. Do they have the engineering resources though? If the obstacle avoidance and autonomous flying capabilities are as good as advertised, it would seem they do. But it may take imaging engineers who are up on the state of the art to try to do what Google and Apple, among other phone companies, have pulled off with the tiny sensors in mobile devices.

Skydio touts, 13 stops of dynamic range with the HDR photos and videos from their 1/2/3" 12.3 Mp Sony IMX577.

Primary thrust is the autonomous flying but of course consumers are going to want to end up with great media.

It would be good to see this company sustain competition in the market. But who knows whether they can sell and deliver enough product in volume to fund continued development.

I saw references to its own forum but I don't see anything.
Is at bottom of page.

Please continue this discussion on the new forum for the Skydio as requested by @clackey .
Thanks
79EB2A45-55BB-41E3-A5ED-3393B92E80A3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929