DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skydio Charging $1499 per year for “Advanced Enterprise Features” is unacceptable, I will not participate in paywalled type features.

Skydio Advanced Enterprise Features

• 360 Super Zoom
• Point of Interest Orbit
• Track in place
• Close Proximity Obstacle Avoidance
• Vertical View
• Visual Return to home

I was shocked to find out that some features are only available to enterprise users, which means you need an enterprise account. Then after getting an enterprise account to unlock these features you have to pay $1499 per drone per year!

This is very bad for the industry, I could only imagine the uproar if DJI did this and started locking out certain features behind price walls… “sorry before you use dronie you must first unlock this feature for $24.99”

I cannot support this type of business model, I understand software has a price but that’s just to unlock flight features. Their Mapping software is another $2999 per year per drone.

I wanted to support an American company that’s on the Blue UAS List but I am finding out I cannot afford to be their enterprise customer. Oh and their Enterprise controller is $4500!

Rant over.
I had several phone calls and one in-person meeting directly with various folks at Skydio to better understand their plans, strategy, current and future product line up. In short, they gave up on the consumer drone market but they did so in a really dumb-a$$ way if you ask me, by not being open about their intentions. As a result, neither the feature set nor the pricing will make sense for consumers.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61