DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skywatch Insurance monthly rate increases by 29%!

spamgnome

Reactions
I just got an email from Skywatch stating that they have a new underwriter. They wanted me to "verify" the notification, but when I looked at the paper work, it showed my premium increase at nearly 30%!!! Have others seen this? Who else are folks on here using for liability insurance?

I tried to fly recently with their per-flight insurance, but it wouldn't work. Back in the office, it seemed as they only offer monthly insurance now. And it's not cheap. I'm interested in alternatives.

Reactions: jephoto
In the same boat. Was using Verifly, but they are out of the biz. Anyone have decent alternatives?
I liked Verifly's by the hour coverage. Hoping to find similar.

I just got an email from Skywatch stating that they have a new underwriter. They wanted me to "verify" the notification, but when I looked at the paper work, it showed my premium increase at nearly 30%!!! Have others seen this? Who else are folks on here using for liability insurance?
Hey there, AirModo is a new usage based drone app with hourly and annual options available. Policies are underwritten by USAIG, an aircraft insurance company in business since 1928. I'm sure you will find our premiums are very competitive without all of the typical surcharges. Certificates of insurance are available 24/7/365.

In the same boat. Was using Verifly, but they are out of the biz. Anyone have decent alternatives?
I liked Verifly's by the hour coverage. Hoping to find similar.
AirModo is the newest usage based drone insurance app. Policies are underwritten by USAIG, an aircraft insurance company in business since 1928. Premiums are very competitive and certificates of insurance are available 24/7/365.

I tried to fly recently with their per-flight insurance, but it wouldn't work. Back in the office, it seemed as they only offer monthly insurance now. And it's not cheap. I'm interested in alternatives.
AirModo is the newest drone insurance app. Policies are underwritten by USAIG, an aircraft insurance company in business since 1928. Certificates of insurance are available 24/7/365.

Turns out that Skywatch still does have hourly insurance, but you have to do that through the app on your phone or tablet. If you go to the website on a computer, they only offer the monthly or yearly policy there.
I am looking at AirModo right now as they seem pretty reasonable.

Does anyone else here have personal experience with AirModo? Be good to hear some real life experiences and recommendations for them.

Well, when I tried Skywatch via the app, it wouldn't work. If I can't rely upon it to work when I'm in the field, it's no good to me.

Well, when I tried Skywatch via the app, it wouldn't work. If I can't rely upon it to work when I'm in the field, it's no good to me.
Yup. Useless. I’m trying AirModo on my next one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka