DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slight yaw movement

Adrià

Reactions
Hi, I have experienced a few times a slight yaw movement without doing anything. Sometimes I am just hovering and with the mobile I can see a little rotation movement. Other times I pull the stick forward and it goes forward and a little bit to the left due to this movement. First I though it could be the wind but I tried without wind and also happens. Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Recalibrate compass - how many satellites u locked into when this happens?

Hi, I have experienced a few times a slight yaw movement without doing anything. Sometimes I am just hovering and with the mobile I can see a little rotation movement. Other times I pull the stick forward and it goes forward and a little bit to the left due to this movement. First I though it could be the wind but I tried without wind and also happens. Any suggestions? Thank you so much.
Oh, you mean like discussed previously in these threads?.....

Recalibrate compass - how many satellites u locked into when this happens?
I will try to recalibrate the compass always as I am not sure that when this happens I had recalibrated previously. Another thing, when the drone is stopped I rotate the propellers with my fingers and realized that the front right one is "harder" than the others (like stronger magnets). Is this normal? Can this cause the yaw problem?

My motors are similar - don't think the motors are the issue - you can always do a test flight and look at the data for each motor - goto a ball field and do a real good compass calibration and then see how it is - also do a controller stick calibration too to rule that out.

My motors are similar - don't think the motors are the issue - you can always do a test flight and look at the data for each motor - goto a ball field and do a real good compass calibration and then see how it is - also do a controller stick calibration too to rule that out.
I will do that. Thank you Moose.

Reactions: Moose1967
Don't calibrate the compass often. You might actually "detune" the calibration if you do it in an area with moderate magnetic influence. Once you have it right by evidence of decent flight response, leave it.

You could try IMU calibration, though symptom suggests compass.

Motor could be an issue, depending how much different it is from the rest but flight control should compensate even if it is a bit sticky. Check for debris in the motor.

You could be experiencing an issue of the compass being magnetized and needing to be degaussed. If you store it near magnets such as a speaker, that could do it.

Don't calibrate the compass often. You might actually "detune" the calibration if you do it in an area with moderate magnetic influence. Once you have it right by evidence of decent flight response, leave it.

You could try IMU calibration, though symptom suggests compass.

Motor could be an issue, depending how much different it is from the rest but flight control should compensate even if it is a bit sticky. Check for debris in the motor.

You could be experiencing an issue of the compass being magnetized and needing to be degaussed. If you store it near magnets such as a speaker, that could do it.

Don't calibrate often?
Both of my DJI Mavic Air require a calibration before I can take off at least 8 out of 10 flights.
Does not matter if I move to a clear of magnetic field area or not.
Sometimes I can reboot the craft and it will be OK.
But mostly, the craft will not let me fly without it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason