DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air False RC yaw signals, recalibration not helpful

starboi

Reactions
Flying my Air since I got it in March. I've noticed it rotates slightly up in the air when hovering without any of my input. Also when I'm just ascending/descending and going forward, aircraft yaws without me touching the yaw axis. This has ruined many shots. So I tried recalibrating the RC several times. Each time I notice false yaw signals when the control stick is center. Also when I push UP perfectly, it goes up to 50% yaw signal. This also causes that annoying RC beeping sounds when sticks are not in central position when I switch on the drone most times. Pretty sure the RC is faulty but the thing is that I bought the drone from Dubai but now I'm in India for the next 6 months, so what is my best return option? Also, can software updates fix this?

I get this sometimes too. Assumed it was just electromagnetic interference messing with the compass/sensors. I've calibrated the sticks too

RC stick calibration is the first thing to do in such a case.

If your using an iPad or iPad mini make sure the case closing magnet is on the side furthest from the RC sticks which use Hall Effect sensors. So for a mini the home button must be on the right hand side

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman