DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Sloppy" gimbal (not jello)

Jetspeed35

Reactions
I've had the jello gimbal before and found a fix on YouTube. This is different and I haven't been able to find anything on how to resolve it, probably because I don't really know what to call it. Whenever I yaw my Mavic Pro, my gimbal "sympathetically" rolls away from the turn, almost like it can't keep up. I'm not in sport mode, so it should be well within the Mavic gimbal capabilities to keep the camera level. Once I stop the roll, the camera eventually levels out. Below is a link to some video to show what I'm talking about. Apologies upfront for the crappy video settings. Was just trying to demonstrate the issue.

Anybody seen anything like this before? FYI, I did do a full gimbal cailbration and leveling before I flew today.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Greg

I've had the jello gimbal before and found a fix on YouTube. This is different and I haven't been able to find anything on how to resolve it, probably because I don't really know what to call it. Whenever I yaw my Mavic Pro, my gimbal "sympathetically" rolls away from the turn, almost like it can't keep up. I'm not in sport mode, so it should be well within the Mavic gimbal capabilities to keep the camera level. Once I stop the roll, the camera eventually levels out. Below is a link to some video to show what I'm talking about. Apologies upfront for the crappy video settings. Was just trying to demonstrate the issue.

Anybody seen anything like this before? FYI, I did do a full gimbal cailbration and leveling before I flew today.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Greg
Almost seems like it is in fixed wing mode. I would double check that setting in the Go app just to be sure.

Reactions: genesimmons
Almost seems like it is in fixed wing mode. I would double check that setting in the Go app just to be sure.
You know what? I think you're right. I scoffed when I first read that becuase I thought "I would know if I selected Fixed Wing Mode." I was using Litchi that day (since I had been running a Waypoint flight) and apparently FPV mode IS the Fixed Wing Mode for that app. What is the normal, non-fixed wing flight mode for Litchi? I know it's not any of the others (Waypoint, Orbit, Pano, Focus, or Track). What mode should I be in when I'm just flying around in Litchi?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Greg

You know what? I think you're right. I scoffed when I first read that becuase I thought "I would know if I selected Fixed Wing Mode." I was using Litchi that day (since I had been running a Waypoint flight) and apparently FPV mode IS the Fixed Wing Mode for that app. What is the normal, non-fixed wing flight mode for Litchi? I know it's not any of the others (Waypoint, Orbit, Pano, Focus, or Track). What mode should I be in when I'm just flying around in Litchi?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Greg
Normal flight should be in the drop down within the list.
You can check out the manual here.
Help - Litchi

Reactions: genesimmons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore