DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow Motion 240fps sample

Joe Foreman

Reactions
A short test of the 1080p/240fps footage from the Air 2. Holds up pretty well, even with additional 50% post production slowing down (optical flow). Could use a little more bitrate (I believe it's about 12mbps) but definately good enough for the occasional shot with impact. This was filmed in D-cine and graded lightly (however even a grade couldn't do anything about the horrible weather ;)

I shot one yesterday with the drone in sport mode. The quality was iffy at best. Probably with moving object vs moving drone you get better use of bitrate, but still I'm hoping they get some firmware updates for this. 60fps 4k looks great though.

I shot one yesterday with the drone in sport mode. The quality was iffy at best. Probably with moving object vs moving drone you get better use of bitrate, but still I'm hoping they get some firmware updates for this. 60fps 4k looks great though.
Yeah good point. I'd imagine a relatively close subject and plain background would be an ideal use if the limited bitrate. Have you tested the 120fps mode to see if it's any better? I'll try that next. I still think if it were mixed into a video with other shots (thinking a action style clip), and possibly upscaled to 4k, it would add something to the clip. Ultimately it may be better off just using the very crisp 4k/60fps though.

Yeah good point. I'd imagine a relatively close subject and plain background would be an ideal use if the limited bitrate. Have you tested the 120fps mode to see if it's any better? I'll try that next. I still think if it were mixed into a video with other shots (thinking a action style clip), and possibly upscaled to 4k, it would add something to the clip. Ultimately it may be better off just using the very crisp 4k/60fps though.
I did try 120, it really didn't look much better. I think that much motion combined with that low resolution artifacts are just to noisy. It actually amazing how good 60fps at 4K look, but to be fair I wasn't flying is sport mode, was looking for smooth video over slow motion. 120fps on moving object vs moving drone will probably be more than acceptable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe