DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow Sd card and video lagging (coincidence)

flightsimulation

Reactions
Hey folks its my first post just started flying a mavic air.

Wasn t getting much distance and tried a few different things.
For distance i was easily achieving 500m then video started lagging decided to come back home.
I decided to remove my slow sandisk ultra card and started flying without it. Also tried lowering to 1080 30fps. Only once removed i was able to easily get 2000m into the wind.
This test was done in same conditions and same path. With and without sd card.

So either i found a solution or for others to test and try if having similiar issue.

I have purchased an extreme card instead so maybe with the right card there wont be issues, ill need to test again, but very strange coincidence that a slow sd card can limit the distance and lag the video broadcast.

Having said that i was on 5.8ghz on both occasions.

Again im very new to this so if anything i said is completely incorrect please advise. Its simply an observation. Clearly flying with no card at 8gb internal memory is not a solution but thought i would mention it.

Lastly what do you think about 2000m where i have interference everywhere (5.8 ghz) 2.4 was not strong 700 m out so not touching 2.4 in the city.

Firmware updated via the app, never connected to dji assistant 2 yet.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

So either i found a solution or for others to test and try if having similiar issue.
That sounds like coincidence.
The speed of your SD card will influence the recording of video but should have no influence on tour live view or distance.

Reactions: bassnbeau
That sounds like coincidence.
The speed of your SD card will influence the recording of video but should have no influence on tour live view or distance.

Thats what im thinking im wondering what changed though.

From one day to another going from 500m to 2000m is significant. Same flight path, altitude and distance. The only other variable would be channel selection or airplane mode on a nearbuy device. Im not complaining and im happy about this result but will not feel as good if it drops back to 500m hence why im trying to narrow down the change. I may attempt a little further but seeing i have no need to be that far out 2000m or more is not important to me in the city nor legal.

WoW. you have excelent eyes if you can be VLOS at 2000M. I can barly see it at 500 when using anti colision lights. Amazing.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I cant see it at all was just a range test to know the boundaries of what it can do.
Other than that 2000m was purely a test i see many people complaining about distance and wifi vs occusync etc. Its way more than enough.

My problems had started with choppy video only 300 to 500m out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan