DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small DIY Mobile Command Center build Video

RyanDyal

Reactions
I can't see my screen! I need to charge batteries faster! A couple problems I solved with this build.
I wanted clients to be able to see me take pictures and video. I also get so many questions when I am out in the field doing video or photos for some event. And you guys know what its like to answer questions with your thumbs on the controller. Now people just watch what I'm doing while I am doing it. It brands me and word of mouth is already getting me more business. Minimal lag. What do y'all think? How would you do it different? Disclosure: Always use a spotter or keep LoS. This simply allows you to see a larger image than your phone can produce.

LG 24" TV
1500 Watt Traveller inverter
Apple TV 4 mirroring to iPhone 11
Some steal and flooring
Inverter remote switch added
120A Breaker under hood added
Door Kick Stand added

Follow this link for the YouTube
VIDEO HERE

I can't see my screen! I need to charge batteries faster! A couple problems I solved with this build.
I wanted clients to be able to see me take pictures and video. I also get so many questions when I am out in the field doing video or photos for some event. And you guys know what its like to answer questions with your thumbs on the controller. Now people just watch what I'm doing while I am doing it. It brands me and word of mouth is already getting me more business. Minimal lag. What do y'all think? How would you do it different? Disclosure: Always use a spotter or keep LoS. This simply allows you to see a larger image than your phone can produce.

LG 24" TV
Some steal and flooring
Door Kick Stand added

VIDEO HERE
Very nice work. And you did a wonderful job with the video documenting the process. I'll bet you draw a crowd with that setup any time you're flying in public places.

You're a great ambassador for the serious drone community.

Thanks for the video. when I first began reading the post, I had a mental image of lugging all that out lol

• Haha
Reactions: RyanDyal
An extremely innovative mind you have; very impressive work. Thanks for sharing. 👍🏾

Wow very nice work! Add a 2nd mini screen for a dedicated weather/forecast app display :D

• Love
Thank you so much for sharing that! You did an excellent job putting this together and great documenting it too! That gives me some ideas. I think you do awesome metal work. I would probably do mine out of wood because I am not much of a metal worker like you. Great work and super creative!

• Love
Thank you so much for sharing that! You did an excellent job putting this together and great documenting it too! That gives me some ideas. I think you do awesome metal work. I would probably do mine out of wood because I am not much of a metal worker like you. Great work and super creative!
Thank you. All YouTube taught haha. You could certainly do this out of wood.

Reactions: eva2000
Thank you. All YouTube taught haha. You could certainly do this out of wood.
Your mention of folks doing this is modified Pelican hardcases is also interesting :)

I'd imagine using those 10-15" portable LCD displays off Aliexpress might work. Though their brightness would be bad I guess.

You could also hook up a Mac Mini(s) into the truck so can do some post-processing/transfer work in the field - saving you some time instead of waiting to get home to do it :D

Reactions: Len750 and RyanDyal
Your mention of folks doing this is modified Pelican hardcases is also interesting :)

I'd imagine using those 10-15" portable LCD displays off Aliexpress might work. Though their brightness would be bad I guess.

You could also hook up a Mac Mini(s) into the truck so can do some post-processing/transfer work in the field - saving you some time instead of waiting to get home to do it :D
I mean no disrespect to those making them. There is a customer for those. Not me. After seeing what it required, I just could not pay what people are asking for those cases. With most of them, you have to pay extra for an inverter or Battery pack to run it. I thought about building one myself. With a smaller screen as you say. I ended up going with this one. I LOVE your idea about the Mac Mini. I don't see why that would not work.

Reactions: eva2000
If you're interested in building such a system (vehicle mount or suitcase style) for others, you might consider mentioning that here and in the description of your youtube videos. As you say, there's room to offer a better product at a lower price than what's out there now. You might become the Bill Gates of the mobile drone control and flight display center business.

If you're interested in building such a system (vehicle mount or suitcase style) for others, you might consider mentioning that here and in the description of your youtube videos. As you say, there's room to offer a better product at a lower price than what's out there now. You might become the Bill Gates of the mobile drone control and flight display center business.
Ha! Thanks! I'll give that some serious thought. But, I have seen some things online that are amazing. Military looking command centers. I just figured I did not need all that stuff.

LG 24" TV
Some steal and flooring
Door Kick Stand added

VIDEO HERE
Could you attach all this to one of those large, wheeled, portable painters easels with wheels? They are already constructed, all wooden and have storage (for paints, brushes ...). Mabef Deluxe Convertible H-Frame Easel

LG 24" TV
Some steal and flooring
Door Kick Stand added

VIDEO HERE
Very very nice job!! I'm guessing the door kick stand added comment was to hold it in place while open? If not this may be an idea for you.

You dabble? You’re an expert in my book! Great intro and documentation. Thank you!

Could you attach all this to one of those large, wheeled, portable painters easels with wheels? They are already constructed, all wooden and have storage (for paints, brushes ...). Mabef Deluxe Convertible H-Frame Easel
As long as you can supply AC 120 to power the AppleTV4 and TV, yes. An extension cord to your vehicle would work perfectly.

Reactions: Len750

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_