DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small plane above my house....

In the United States an aircraft should be 1000Ft Above ground level in populated area unless the aircraft is taking off or coming in to land.

Or is flying Ag, SAR, Inspections..... as you well know there are many LEGAL exceptions to the rules and for good reason.

Reactions: Thomas B
Or is flying Ag, SAR, Inspections..... as you well know there are many LEGAL exceptions to the rules and for good reason.
Correct. I will call Air traffic control to get permission to fly low over a river near an airport to check out conditions for kayaking. Most of the time they will allow it.

At a guess you live in an area that's popular with the local flight schools for conducting training in ground reference maneuvers or emergency procedures. Manned airplanes may venture down around 500-1000' AGL for these kinds of operations, sometimes even lower, if the area is sparsely populated and the pilot can remain at least 500' from any person, structure or vessel. (14 CFR 91.119).

There's quite often a small single engine plane flying over my house, they seem lower than 400ft. If it collided with my drone, whose at fault? I'm getting no flight warnings on the app. There's a small airfield a few miles away.

He'll be above 500ft AGL. You're just struggling to identify altitude.

And unmanned ALWAYS gives way to manned so its you at fault.

He's still circling if it's the same plane. This is looking out at about a 30° angle from the ground.

On that video he's easily above 500ft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada