DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small plane above my house....

Lord Sky

Reactions
There's quite often a small single engine plane flying over my house, they seem lower than 400ft. If it collided with my drone, whose at fault? I'm getting no flight warnings on the app. There's a small airfield a few miles away.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
You.

If I had a small plane that was regularly under 400ft over my house I would report it. But you should be giving way to manned flight
I'm not sure how I'd give way given the speed it crosses the sky. Just drop down as soon as I hear it?

Not sure where you are and if not mistaken it's 600' here but we always give way to maned aircraft .
If I had to I would just drop it.

Reactions: Michigan_PI
Found this online:
[ CAA finally agrees to adopt ICAO international standard on minimum flying height over population centres
After years of requiring a minimum flying height over conurbations that exceeded the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) requirement, the UK Civil Aviation Authority has adopted the 1,000ft (300m) international standard.
The CAA points out, however, that the requirement to be able to glide to alight without harming persons or property remains in place. ]

Guess they could always say they were getting up to height or coming down from height if someone complained.

Constantly circling overhead. Makes me nervous to fly over my own house.

I’m in Australia, and here it’s 1000’ over populous or 500’ if non populous. If it was just a single flight I wouldn’t bother as we have all bent rules on occasion (although I’ve never gone below 500’ over buildings) but if its a regular occurrence, I’d definitely report

There's quite often a small single engine plane flying over my house, they seem lower than 400ft. If it collided with my drone, whose at fault? I'm getting no flight warnings on the app. There's a small airfield a few miles away.

I constantly Have Helicopters flying really Low sometime's and when i watch it fly over me ive actully flown my mavic up to the same hight and it was flying well below the 1000 feet they are supose to be flying .
On my controler it said 350 feet.

I would measure if you are worried with your mavic it might put your mind at rest just go up to the legal hieght 400 feet and check, but just by looking at your photo it looks over 400 feet that was flying.

All depends on the focal length of the lens used to take the photo of the plane as to how far away it looks.
Telephoto lens would make it look close, wide would make it look far far away.

In the U.S. it's 500' & that looks higher than 500' to me. He's training, doing 360s without losing or gaining altitude & coming out of the turn on the same heading.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Just my mobile phone. Looks lots smaller than in real life. The engine noise is extremely loud.

He's still circling if it's the same plane. This is looking out at about a 30° angle from the ground.

Simple get a golf rangefinder & check the range from the tail of the plane.

If it's 500' or above AGL it's legal & 500' looks low & if the pilots under 500' who's to say he'll admit it? I loved my prewars, no electrical system so no transponder AKA UFO. The ones I flew except the Bonanza , compasses, brakes were all options. They came with tail skids not tail wheels & the N#s were 3" tall above the horiz stab so you couldn't see it from the ground. Get the guys tail #, look him up & nicely ask him to fly elsewhere as you fly dromes & big model rockets.

Reactions: Lord Sky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78