DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying from back garden and now have Drone Police on my back

Yep, thanks, the 150m was copied from the blurb about the ...residential, commercial etc... bit and I neglected to change it to 50m as per A2 regs. Of course, separation from uninvolved people (ignoring where they are for a moment) is 50m whether you have the A2 CofC or not.

The information regarding flying in built-up areas, at least on the FPVUK poster, is quite misleading then. It doesn't truly emphasise the part that it's an area close to an area (i.e. a model flying park close to residential). I know there's only so much they can do with short bulletpoints but they're not helping themselves with the poster I've seen.

I'll edit my original post to get rid of the 150m aspect. First time I've been caught out on that since January 2021 so not bad.

Here are the infographic from FPV UK. If there is something that is not right then we can get it changed but I must admit I'm a bit confused as to what is wrong on the infographics. I've gone over it and it makes sense to me. To use article 16 you have to read article 16 and the handbook not the infographic. If you don't then the flight is not covered by article 16.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13