DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SMART CONTROLER

Alvaro Lopes

Reactions
Hi

Does the screen protect film for SC interfeer with the brigthness of it?

Should that protection be used or the SC screen quality doesn't need an extra protection?

Rgds

Alvaro Lopes

SC screen needs extra protection. Even just a film helps. Remember that the SC is your one and only device, so it pays to keep the screen pristine.

Here is one from B and H thats coming soon:

and Sunnylife from China:

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22 and Bakeneko
I added a screen protector straight away, and I also cannot praise this highly enough , the engineering dimensions are spot on.

A "just in case" if you ever happen to drop the SC.

cheers

Reactions: Former Member
Does the screen protect film for SC interfeer with the brigthness of it?
If the screen protector is clear, it should not affect the brightness of the remote controller screen. Here are a few good brands to consider based on reviews:

SKYREAT

SunnyLife

Additional reviews for this product can be found here.

Reactions: AnzacJack
I added a screen protector straight away, and I also cannot praise this highly enough , the engineering dimensions are spot on.

cheers

Thats a great price!

I tend to add screen protectors to most of my "portable" devices where they are out in the elements. But then I also got the Pgytech screen/stick protector for the SC. That way it is doubly protected when packed.

I would actually prefer a matte finish to reduce glare. I just added one to my Crosstrek's Navigation screen - matte really helps cut down the glare.

Thats a great price!
[/URL]

cheers

Gentlemen;
Any thoughts or concerns about the batteries being covered by the case? My controller feels warm after a couple of 20 minute flights. I like the concept and they're about $15 in black or red on Amazon.

Any thoughts or concerns about the batteries being covered by the case?
There are other hoods available that don't cover the remote controller. For example, this one from PGYTECH:

That hood is also available here on Amazon for $3 less.

There are other hoods available that don't cover the remote controller. For example, this one from PGYTECH:

View attachment 73810
Yeah, I was originally looking at that one, but I read some reviews where the slant of the shade interferes with viewing and interacting with the top of the screen... Maybe someone has one and does not encounter those issues.

I read some reviews where the slant of the shade interferes with viewing and interacting with the top of the screen
Yes, that could definitely be a problem for either of those shades depending on how you hold your remote controller.

Curious about the PGYTECH shade...looks like its installation would prohibit using the threaded holes at the bottom for lanyard attachment...is this so?

Gentlemen;
Any thoughts or concerns about the batteries being covered by the case? My controller feels warm after a couple of 20 minute flights. I like the concept and they're about $15 in black or red on Amazon.
In your case if you were doing back-to-back flights you might want to let the controller rest for about 15 or 20 minutes before you start the next flight. Even the crystal skies tend to run warn

Reactions: Bakeneko
looks like its installation would prohibit using the threaded holes at the bottom for lanyard attachment...is this so?
It likely won't be compatible with most (any?) lanyards. You can see how the hood attaches in these photos:

Gentlemen;

Also, are you running it in direct sunlight?

Also, are you running it in direct sunlight?
Most of the time, yes. I try to use my body's shadow, but that only works in the mornings/evenings and sometimes has me facing away from the drone. ☀

Yup

Reactions: Former Member
In your case if you were doing back-to-back flights you might want to let the controller rest for about 15 or 20 minutes before you start the next flight. Even the crystal skies tend to run warn

Exactly. I have found mine runs a little warm, the fan kicks in, but it isn't toasty hot. I may design and knock up some kind of minature laptop cooler stand out of aluminium with external fan, battery powerpack, sell them , make millions and kick it back in the Carribean...

Sounds like a well thought out business plan...;)

Reactions: Bakeneko
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito