DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller AWESOME!

Buddy PR

Reactions
Does any body have any feedback from the smart controller?
I have been using mine for about two weeks and it has been awesome :)
Super quick startup, No more iPhone or iPad connection, no More lost sugnal connection, no more cables disconnecting in the middle of the flight and I was very careful with the firmware I downloaded and I’m really enjoying it and had a couple of bonus. For the first time ever I was at 1000 ft. Pretty sure I could go above that but that was good enough for me. I had A perfect view of all my surroundings and it was incredibly beautiful.
I know it is pretty expensive but it’s cheaper than the $1,200 I paid for my iPhone and is giving me greater satisfaction !

Good for you. Was considering to buy it but after "reverse marketing" of standard controller I change my mind.

Standard Controler reverse marketing:

small portable you can fit in your pocket,
you are free to choose any device you want,
you can use diferent screen size and type,
you free to use any 3rd party software,
you can use diferent os sytems,
you have additional small display with basic patamiters built in.
no lags during recording
is cheaper!!

I don't want to put off anyone, just my 2cents.

Good for you. Was considering to buy it but after "reverse marketing" of standard controller I change my mind.

Standard Controler reverse marketing:

small portable you can fit in your pocket,
you are free to choose any device you want,
you can use diferent screen size and type,
you free to use any 3rd party software,
you can use diferent os sytems,
you have additional small display with basic patamiters built in.
no lags during recording
is cheaper!!

I don't want to put off anyone, just my 2cents.[/QUOTE

Lol I didn’t sell mines so if at any time I want to use a larger IPad I could!
But after using the new controller, I don’t see my self going back.

Reactions: WAXMAN and RogerMav
Been using the smart controller for about a week and I agree that it is awesome. Coming from a newer iPhone and having used a crystalsky monitor, I still think the smart controller is the best option as there is less to update, less to pack, the screen is bright and clear, and the feel in the hands is great. Battery life and having to move the whole controller to change viewing angles are the only downsides imho. I might just be imagining it, but I think the reception signal is a bit better than the standard controller too. It’s way overpriced but as it comes down I would recommend it to anyone. Btw I also bring my standard controller and iPhone with me as a backup as re-binding to the AC is very fast once you know the shortcut button combo (hold C1+C2+video record to enter pairing mode on standard RC then push link button on AC).

Been using the smart controller for about a week and I agree that it is awesome. Coming from a newer iPhone and having used a crystalsky monitor, I still think the smart controller is the best option as there is less to update, less to pack, the screen is bright and clear, and the feel in the hands is great. Battery life and having to move the whole controller to change viewing angles are the only downsides imho. I might just be imagining it, but I think the reception signal is a bit better than the standard controller too. It’s way overpriced but as it comes down I would recommend it to anyone. Btw I also bring my standard controller and iPhone with me as a backup as re-binding to the AC is very fast once you know the shortcut button combo (hold C1+C2+video record to enter pairing mode on standard RC then push link button on AC).
Great! Thanks for the reply, I’m really loving mines! :)

Reactions: AMGKid
Did you go for all the updates? I had advantage not doing so, I dont have the color zones, only the red ones and also I had the height restriction which I don’t have now. I don’t know how long I will be able to use it without those download but I keep it off the Wi-Fi just in case.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Great for me no more battery drain into my S9 great for just switch on and go ,agree too expensive but worth it for me.

Reactions: Buddy PR
Super quick startup, No more iPhone or iPad connection, no More lost sugnal connection, no more cables disconnecting in the middle of the flight and I was very careful with the firmware I downloaded and I’m really enjoying it and had a couple of bonus. For the first time ever I was at 1000 ft. Pretty sure I could go above that but that was good enough for me. I had A perfect view of all my surroundings and it was incredibly beautiful.
I know it is pretty expensive but it’s cheaper than the $1,200 I paid for my iPhone and is giving me greater satisfaction !
I purchased mine the day it was launched..
Nothing more to add, you’ve said it all, ITS AWSOME ..
And future proofed for future drones, if anyone slags it, it’s because they probably can’t afford it..

Steve

I bought one a few weeks ago and it is brilliant! So much better than an iPhone or iPad. Very quick to start up and Go! Picture is bright and clear. Excellent purchase. One criticsm is that when I press the button to take an image it does not always take until I press quite hard. Any thoughts on that?

You sure about that? Future Occusync versions (3 etc)? That's the one thing that held me back.
Hi, well Occusync 2 is very recent, if there is a v3 it will take some time and in the other hand there will always be something new, it happens to all of us all the time with the smartphone, PCs, tablets, TVs, etc.....

I'm really enjoying how quick you get connected and start flying. No USB cable to connect which some times causes a lot of trouble, the screen brightness, if I need a larger screen we can use either the cast functionality or the HDMI output, the new shortcuts button and no extra battery, my phone keeps working as a phone. It was expensive but do happy with it. Only used it so far in 4 or 5 flight but have had no issues with it, good signal strength, screen has not go off or crash so far. I'm really very satisfied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy PR
I’m loving my SC paired with my Epson Moverio glasses!!

Not only do I have a 90” plus bright ‘cloned’ display through my glasses while seeing my Mavic 2 in flight, but I can share my flight with anyone standing next to me through the smart controller screen - Plus I have the redundancy of two screens which never is a bad thing.

Occusync is done in software. No difference in hardware portions of the system.

Source? Not saying you're wrong, I am just interested to read about it from an objective source.

I am pretty sure you couldn't give the Mavic Air Occusync 2.0 with nothing more than a software update. Also you'd think the MP1 would be compatible if all DJI had to do was update software.

I've got a crystal sky. Is the smart controller screen as good in terms of resolution and viewing in bright sun? Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS