DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller FW Update

I did the update to use the SC for my Mavic Air 2. I find DJI Fly App v1.1.6 installed. So how can I now get the current version (1.1.9) of DJI fly with the zoom option for Mavic Air 2 that I had already on my phone with the stock controller?

I did the update to use the SC for my Mavic Air 2. I find DJI Fly App v1.1.6 installed. So how can I now get the current version (1.1.9) of DJI fly with the zoom option for Mavic Air 2 that I had already on my phone with the stock controller?
The SC with 1.1.6 does provide the zoom function. If you had it with the stock controller, you still have it with the SC

Reactions: AnGo
The SC with 1.1.6 does provide the zoom function
Ok, I found the zoom option, thanks.
But anyway in general, is the app only updated if a new sc firmware is released and between I am stuck with this version even if already improved versions are in the app stores? Or how is the approach here?

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed since applying the .0820 update, that the "video" problem no longer exists. To be more clear, the problem where all is functional except for video display on the SC. To get it back, manually killing the app is (was) the only fix.

??
You are quoting the third post of a four-page thread.
That is not the current question.

I have updated my SC today using Wi-Fi. The update took about 10 to 15 minutes (remained at 16% for a while). The Amazon and Google App store as well as all setting remained unchanged.

I performed several check flights with Litchi 2.8 as well as DJIs current Go4 app with my M2P (used up two batteries for this).

You are one of the lucky ones that works over the WIFI connectivity.

Has anyone noticed since applying the .0820 update, that the "video" problem no longer exists. To be more clear, the problem where all is functional except for video display on the SC. To get it back, manually killing the app is (was) the only fix.
For history's sake and to tempt fate - 12 days and a few dozen flights later - using the Amazon version of Litchi - this problem is gone!

So, except for the "video problem", did anyone see improvements or new problems with the update? If you don't own a Mavic Air2 and don't have the "video problem" is there any reason to go thru the pain of the update?

It seems like my range is a little better - but that could be the thinning trees. I had an issue when cancelling a waypoint mission - returning to normal mode (Litchi) that the sticks were unresponsive. Auto-Home brought me back. Going to test this again today.

I know the rm500 is the SC. It doesn't matter whether I put the USB-connection in Charge-mode or MTP-mode. In either case DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic doesn't see the SC. In Charge-mode the SC doesn't even turn up in Windows Device Manager and that means (imho) that no Windows application (or Desktop-program) can make contact with it.
Just to record how I 'solved' my problem:
Due to health problems I left it alone for 8 months. At December 19th I decided to try again to update de firmware of my SC via Wifi (the only option because I couldn't find any way to connect the SC to my desktop PC) and this time, with only one restart (the infamous "Network Error), it completed the download and update to version V01.00.0820. And low and behold, after the update also the connection with the PC worked normally again!

Reactions: LoganAir

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929