DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller FW Update

Does anyone know why it takes the smart controller 20 hours to fully charge on the charger that came with it?

I am not sure what charger came with yours but mine take about 3 to 4 hours if is fully discharged.

The smart controller support QC 3.0 in case you want to quick charge. Just get a cheap QC 3.0 compatible charger. Something like this. Amazon.com: [2-Pack] Quick Charge 3.0 Wall Charger,18W QC 3.0 USB Wall Charger Adapter Fast Charging Block Compatible Wireless Charger Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 S8 Plus S7 S6 Edge Note 9, LG, Kindle: Home Audio & Theater

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeHugger
Not necesary.

I am not sure what charger came with yours but mine take about 3 to 4 hours if is fully discharged.

The smart controller support QC 3.0 in case you want to quick charge. Just get a cheap QC 3.0 compatible charger. Something like this. Amazon.com: [2-Pack] Quick Charge 3.0 Wall Charger,18W QC 3.0 USB Wall Charger Adapter Fast Charging Block Compatible Wireless Charger Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 S8 Plus S7 S6 Edge Note 9, LG, Kindle: Home Audio & Theater
You can always tell by the speed of the sequentially flashing "charge indicator" lights. If they are moving really fast you are quick-charge good.
I have an aftermarket charger that has two charge ports - if the SC is the only thing plugged in, fast charge = good. If anything else is plugged in its the slow charge.

This is the one I'm talking about

Reactions: LoganAir and zeusfl
You can always tell by the speed of the sequentially flashing "charge indicator" lights. If they are moving really fast you are quick-charge good.
I have an aftermarket charger that has two charge ports - if the SC is the only thing plugged in, fast charge = good. If anything else is plugged in its the slow charge.

This is the one I'm talking about

I will try that to see the difference blinking. Thanks for the info.

I will try that to see the difference blinking. Thanks for the info.
If you turn on the SC, it will also give you a screen prompt that it is in standard charging mode or something to that effect. I routinely plug it into a side port on my laptop just for the heck of it so I can see charge status (When the lights go out.) Behind me is the fast charger in the wall for turbo charge (huh... turbo charge??? :p)

I’ve just ordered my first SC and am just curious about how you keep the operating system up to date (I‘m an iOS only user, so this will be my first Android device). If an OS update is launched, do DJI prompt you to install it, or do you just assume that they‘ve done the necessary compatibility checks with the Go & Fly apps.

A bit off topic but while we are discussing. I still need to put Litchi on my smart controller. There are the two ways I know of. Your way adding google suite, and loading it through Amazon, I believe you can also side load the .apk? I have heard horror stories from both sides and also the no issue reports.

If I installed it via google, could I not then delete the whole Google nightmare and Litchi would still be okay? Or would that stop the auto updating of the App? Just trying to get a understanding of pros and cons of loading either way, and what if any errors both Litchi or whatever I may expect?

And to keep on topic, have you tested Litchi on new firmware? And if not yet would appreciate if you could feed back if no issues. TIA. ;)
IMHO You’re opening yourself up to a can of worms problems by loading any 3rd party software onto your Smart Controller. I love open software like Android but it is open and not the most stable software. I don’t want my $2,000 investment falling from the sky because of some software that hoses up the DJI app and causes loss of aircraft. And DJI is probably not going to reimburse.

Reactions: Rvrrat14
I’ve just ordered my first SC and am just curious about how you keep the operating system up to date (I‘m an iOS only user, so this will be my first Android device). If an OS update is launched, do DJI prompt you to install it, or do you just assume that they‘ve done the necessary compatibility checks with the Go & Fly apps.
Any device that uses Android creates their own version of it. That means that any releases of a new OS will be from DJI only and therefore probably vetted as best as can be expected.

Litchi is working perfectly for me in the SC. I used today with 3 missions without issues.
Also Dronelink.

Reactions: Rockport

Any updates of Android will be in a AIO package with a firmware update as they use a proprietary module to update the SC. JFYI, DJI SC is running their modified version of Android 7 and they have never updated it from new even with any SC updates....so not something you need to worry about one way or the other. Just be aware if you did try to sideload a APP it must work with the old 7 Android.

As for Litchi and the MA2 would find that strange, as DJI hasn't released SDK for the MA2...but I have seen stranger things :p But it couldn't be the MM as the SC won't work on it....but if he says it works so be it.

2 of my Mission. The first one is Litchi and the second one Dronelink.

Also my apps in my smart controller

Making a map in 3D from todays mission. Is going to take hours.
3d.jpg

Last edited:
For some ore other reason my SC won't connect to my PC (W10 Proff). So I try to update the FW of the SC (to version V01.00.0820) via Wifi (at my home). But I got infinitive messages "Note Network Error - Download Stopped". After that you can touch the buttons "OK" and "Continue Download", but the process went so slowly and there were so many interruptions with this message that it became an impossible job. With my iPhone and iPad the Wifi is working without problems. Any remarks/advice?

For some ore other reason my SC won't connect to my PC (W10 Proff). So I try to update the FW of the SC (to version V01.00.0820) via Wifi (at my home). But I got infinitive messages "Note Network Error - Download Stopped". After that you can touch the buttons "OK" and "Continue Download", but the process went so slowly and there were so many interruptions with this message that it became an impossible job. With my iPhone and iPad the Wifi is working without problems. Any remarks/advice?

Just for a check, you are using DJI Assitant 2 for Mavic Ver. 2.0.14? I have a newer gaming laptop so I know all my USB ports are all good...but for some reason I had to switch ports a few times, then the animated connection slid to connected and all went well for my update. Insure you don't allow any of the update to go over WiFi once your cache is clear or you have done the factory reset before stating upgrade.

This update pretty much is reported to work best using Asst. 2 and not the WiFi over the air method. Also for some reason it wants to remain Charge only vice transfer files on USB connection protocol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929