DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller & Ipad

Juan Ihno

Reactions
Can you use an iPad as an external monitor with the smart controller ?
I Called tech support and they informed me that you can connect with usb cable, but in the tutorial it only mentions to connect external monitors with HDMI. Can anybody clarify this.
Also, does anybody know if there is going to be and adaptor or a holder that you can attach the iPad to the smart controller.

You can only connect an external monitor to the HDMI output.

DJI tech support just confirmed me 100% that you can use an iPad as external monitor. I have it on print the chat where tech support confirms this info. I still dont know if I should buy smart controller, its not about the money, but many times I need a bigger screen to see better what im filming. There are no mount supports for iPad for this controller, etc. Also It seems that its more delicate the SC to carry around, i film on beaches etc. I have to buy tomorrow the latest. Some one wants to share my burden and help e choose?

Thanks. I saw video about the 2 screw holes, but people did not know what they where for.

In your opinion do you think that the SC is more fragile that the normal controller?

Mine is still sitting in Memphis. But I will be pissed if it is more fragile than the original. Every review i have seen says it is more robust than the original.

Thanks M singer for your reply - but dji tech support indicates that you can also connect via usb, image of the chat above.

Thanks M singer for your reply - but dji tech support indicates that you can also connect via usb, image of the chat above.

Connect via what app? Are you talking about running Go 4 on the Ipad also? Wouldn't be straight video out of a usb port.

Connect via what app? Are you talking about running Go 4 on the Ipad also? Wouldn't be straight video out of a usb port.

I dont know what app. I strait forward asked them if I could use the iPad as an external monitor, and tech support said yes connecting it via usb.

Phones with usb c have had this ability for a few years now. Nice to know they included it in the controller.

I could be wrong, but I believe what he's saying is you can use the display on the smart controller OR an external device via USB. You obviously couldn't use both. Raw video would only be via HDMI.

I can hook my samsung phone to my tablet and view the same screen on both devices. I assume the smart controller is just using the usb c as a display port, just like a lot of other android devices. I am just guessing here. Hopefully I will have it in hand soon to find out.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I can hook my samsung phone to my tablet and view the same screen on both devices. I assume the smart controller is just using the usb c as a display port, just like a lot of other android devices. I am just guessing here. Hopefully I will have it in hand soon to find out.

That's a possibility, it would just be a "cast" on an external device.

If that’s the case this should be awesome to use with my Epson moverios for when it’s too bright for the screen I can put on the glasses

If that’s the case this should be awesome to use with my Epson moverios for when it’s too bright for the screen I can put on the glasses

Do they have HDMI in? You could always just use HDMI.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming