DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller & Ipad

Thanks M singer for your reply - but dji tech support indicates that you can also connect via usb, image of the chat above.
Ah, the old I'll go ask DJI Support trick ;)

This chat will really confuse you then...

Chat.jpg

Dont think the BT300s will work they are micro usb. The BT-35 is what you will need with hdmi input. I have both of them, just waiting on the smart controller to see which one i am keeping

Connect via what app? Are you talking about running Go 4 on the Ipad also? Wouldn't be straight video out of a usb port.

You can’t use the iPad to run Go4 app on the iPad or an iPhone connected to a smart remote. I have tested this.

Unless the new Pro versions with USB-C can be used in this way. Apparently it’s possible to use them as a display over USB-C.

Can you use an iPad as an external monitor with the smart controller ?
I Called tech support and they informed me that you can connect with usb cable, but in the tutorial it only mentions to connect external monitors with HDMI. Can anybody clarify this.
Also, does anybody know if there is going to be and adaptor or a holder that you can attach the iPad to the smart controller.

We are , as we speak, designing a tablet holder for the DJI Smart Controller. It will be revealed first week of February.
It will hold any size of tablets from typical iPad mini (7.9") to iPad Pro 12.9" (or similar). It will also have a standard tripod 1/4-20 connection point and lanyard connecting point.
Price is not yet ready but will be at launch.

If anyone wants more info or be contacted at launch, just PM me.

I'm a bit confused here. If you want to use an iPad as your display, why would you want to do it with the Smart Controller, and not the regular M2 controller?

Reactions: Buddy PR
For Apple devices, an adapter can be connected to the Lightning port to connect an HDMI cable. I've used this one to connect my iPad Mini as an external display with other products that have an HDMI output.

View attachment 60470

I believe the one allows HDMI out from the iPad rather than HDMI in which would turn the iPad into a monitor. Which is what he is trying to do.

I'm a bit confused here. If you want to use an iPad as your display, why would you want to do it with the Smart Controller, and not the regular M2 controller?

Good question! I think he is trying to have an iPad as an additional display, it would be easier to buy a battery powered HDMI Monitor IMO.

Reactions: VikingFlyer
I believe the one allows HDMI out from the iPad rather than HDMI in which would turn the iPad into a monitor. Which is what he is trying to do.
Right, that's what I was thinking of...

On YouTube, you can find some people who have used that adapter as an HDMI input. I believe it required jailbreaking the iPad though. That's certainly not going to be a good solution for the majority of iPad owners. Using a monitor with an HDMI input is likely a better solution.

Reactions: VikingFlyer
Connect via what app? Are you talking about running Go 4 on the Ipad also? Wouldn't be straight video out of a usb port.
yo all

tried that - does NOT work - unless there is a setting on the smart controller I am missing

running Go4 on the ipad "go nowhere" - can not connect

If anyone has found a workaround - pls post - that would be great

Thanks much

yo all

tried that - does NOT work - unless there is a setting on the smart controller I am missing

running Go4 on the ipad "go nowhere" - can not connect

If anyone has found a workaround - pls post - that would be great

Thanks much

I'll save you some time - that does NOT work.
The only "clean" solution right now is to use a HDMI monitor and the HDMI outout on the Smart Controller. But that monitor will only be a slave, you can only view on it, not control anything.

Reactions: ff22
We are , as we speak, designing a tablet holder for the DJI Smart Controller. It will be revealed first week of February.
It will hold any size of tablets from typical iPad mini (7.9") to iPad Pro 12.9" (or similar). It will also have a standard tripod 1/4-20 connection point and lanyard connecting point.
Price is not yet ready but will be at launch.

If anyone wants more info or be contacted at launch, just PM me.
Any update?

Prototype is more or less completed now, just making the final small adjustments before its going into molding and production the first days of March.

IMG-2646.JPG

Interesting. You could have maps open on controller screen and clean vision on the external monitor.

Interesting. You could have maps open on controller screen and clean vision on the external monitor.

And on the HDMI monitor you can have a clean camera view without the OSD details in the main screen [emoji6]

Yes. That’s what I meant by clean vision

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev