DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller & Litchi

Ralph thompson

Reactions
Very excited to now have Litchi available for the Smart controller. I installed and tested it without a hitch. But was quite startled to look at the logs after and see the signal strength after. With the Smart Controller and Go 4 app, I get no signal errors which is very reassuring. But with Litchi and the Smart controller, in my tests today, 2 short flights only 50 ft away max, I got 50 to 60 “minor” signal errors on both flights. I had forced closed the Go 4 as far as I can tell. Anyone had similar problem? Also is there a way to see what apps are open on the Smart controller?

Press and hold the Back button, then Left on the 5way controller will give you the App list running, slide up off the screen to kill an app. Standard Android affair.

No probs :)

Charlas, did u check yr signal strength. If u use Airdata it’s under Sensor data. With the Go 4 i never get errors (quite normal to get a few with the Inspire & Go app) but with Litchi i got a startling number.

Where to download the Litchi app for the SC?

If u use Airdata (Healthy drones) u need a Token, u add that to Litchi settings & it downloads automatically. Otherwise you have to download manually, not sure how that works on Android (auto works fine for me) but on iOS u go to the App details on yr computer and download through iTunes.

Charlas, did u check yr signal strength. If u use Airdata it’s under Sensor data. With the Go 4 i never get errors (quite normal to get a few with the Inspire & Go app) but with Litchi i got a startling number.

Not yet, as I don't tend to fly With it very much, unless doing waypoint stuff, will make a mental note to try it next time up in the air though.

I have the SC & M2P.....I would like to try Litchi, but recall some advice I cannot quite recall in detail. Where is it best to get the Litchi app from....Play Store or elsewhere? And how to load it on the SC? TIA.
Amazon Store for about 24 EUR did it for me.
Didn't want to hassle with GPlay services 'n stuff.

Bad thing though, the DJI SDK has a bug, as both of the shoulder buttons for video and photo don't work in Litchi so far. That's why I have abonded it upon a new release.

For all those who have installed Litchi on the SC, could u check signal strength. I use Airdata(Healthydrones) & was surprised to see lots of big numbers under lost connections under the sensor tab. The SC normally gets 0 lost connections but with Litchi it seemed really bad. Not sure why? DJI said they « don’t recommend 3rd party apps »

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming