DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller not recording all MA2 video

FhvnEd

Reactions
Hello All. Not sure if this is a MA2 issue or Smart Controller issue, but recently... past couple of weeks, the videos I'm recording on the MA2 are not showing up on the SC. Today, for example, I shot 9 videos on one flight that lasted about 20 minutes. Only 6 of them got recorded. When I look at the file manager/videos. It shows 9 boxes, three have nothing by an arrow and when I click it, the screen says: "can't play this video". The SD card has only 6 videos recorded. As near as I can tell, this hasn't happened before. The screen shows the video recording during flight with the timer counter ticking away the minutes; there is no loss of signal; the MA2 is always VLOS to my position. All f/w updated and current. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any suggestions as to cause or cure? Thanks.

Two things here.
First when taking Video or Photos you should be saving files to the on-board SD card in the Drone.
Second, the SC is a controller not a recorder, it would only save recordings of much lower quality than the on-board SD. The controller is great for recording the screen and telemetry to edit in or review what was going on in a flight.

Going to add this on too:
SD cards go bad some faster than others. I rotate up to 10 cards (4 are 16GB, 3 are 32GB, 3 are 64GB, and 2 are 128GB) I will use according to jobs sometime other times just part of the rotation. I will swap cards every battery swap, unless I'm mapping. If doing photo work for a specific project I will buy dedicated cards that will be archived with the paperwork of the the project. I will not have the cards in rotation more than a year before I dispose and get new ones. Every day cards are downloaded onto a SSD and also put in cloud storage. the SD card is then Formatted (not quick formated) and then scanned for any damage.
Sometimes you only get One Shot!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998