DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller & third party apps

Ralph thompson

Reactions
I have the M2P with Smart controller. But I have been using Autoflight Autopilot on my Inspire for years & love the App. The Go 4 Waypoints is quite good but nothing like Autopilot. So I was wondering if I could plug my iPad into the USB port on the Smart controller and run Autopilot from the iPad? Maybe u can only plug an Android Tablet I to the Smart controller? Has anyone tried this?

Reactions: FASTFJR
Reactions: Ralph thompson
Yes I have a good Browser, a File Sync app, and download the APKs direct though APKmirror. I just DJI software to sync my flights to Airdata

Yes I have a good Browser, a File Sync app, and download the APKs direct though APKmirror. I just DJI software to sync my flights to Airdata
Not really clear...is there a video to show how to get these apps installed?

Not really clear...is there a video to show how to get these apps installed?

Oh I thought you were just LOLing about Airdate not loading apps. It is no different than loading an APK on your Android phone.

I just find the App I want on APK mirror. Download the APK to my SD card. Open up the file browser on the radio then double click the APK file to install it.

Some load the Amazon Store APK and just use that to load other apps. Your choice really

Honestly you could use the browser on your radio to go to APK mirror and download the app. Just dawned on me... duh

Last edited:
@DebianDog - how do you get your flight log data from the SmartController into AirData? I just got the SC and have not had a chance to even pair it to the drone yet, but wanted to understand how to best sync the logs - I've been using the HD Sync app on my iPhone thus far....

@DebianDog - how do you get your flight log data from the SmartController into AirData? I just got the SC and have not had a chance to even pair it to the drone yet, but wanted to understand how to best sync the logs - I've been using the HD Sync app on my iPhone thus far....

I sync with DJI cloud via the Go app then when I log in to Airdata it updates

Reactions: mwardncsu
was successful in downloading & installing a number of APKs on the smart controller, but it appears several of them require Google Play Services - tried to download this via the Brave browser on the SC but no luck - then when I search for it via Web on the PC I'm not clear what I need.

Anyone done this?

Reactions: Pdunnuck
Well I tried to search for Google Play Services APK on the SC via the downloaded Brave browser and this time I found one and it installed - which seemed to make many of the other apps happy with respect to finding location services.... think that was trick - or, it may have been changing the location source to GPS - not sure.... changed too many things at once - doh!

I did successfully install and use (with some minor annoyances of landscape vs portrait rotations) the following apps:

Sync
Voice Recorder
HD Sync (AirData)
Brave (browser)
Amazon AppStor
Amazon Music
Amazon (Tablet version)

Apps that all worked when 1st installed Google Play Services - then I shut down the Controller, started it back up and now they say App Services are not there or have some error
KittyHawk - crashes when trying to access the map
AirMap - says Google Play Services are not supported by the device
SkyWatch - error about Google Play services
FlightRadar24
UAV Forecast - can't find location

Is there a specific version / link to a Google App Services APK that I should be using?

Well I tried to search for Google Play Services APK on the SC via the downloaded Brave browser and this time I found one and it installed - which seemed to make many of the other apps happy with respect to finding location services.... think that was trick - or, it may have been changing the location source to GPS - not sure.... changed too many things at once - doh!

I did successfully install and use (with some minor annoyances of landscape vs portrait rotations) the following apps:

Sync
Voice Recorder
HD Sync (AirData)
Brave (browser)
Amazon AppStor
Amazon Music
Amazon (Tablet version)

Apps that all worked when 1st installed Google Play Services - then I shut down the Controller, started it back up and now they say App Services are not there or have some error
KittyHawk - crashes when trying to access the map
AirMap - says Google Play Services are not supported by the device
SkyWatch - error about Google Play services
FlightRadar24
UAV Forecast - can't find location

Is there a specific version / link to a Google App Services APK that I should be using?
You have found the limitation of the SC. It really does not run Google Play Services and other similar Google modules. That generally causes failure of anything that need location or map type services. I don't think you can overcome this limitation. Folks have tried but I've not found a definitive method for getting the right google stuff installed and working.

If you learn any different, post back and let us know.

Will do - it’s odd that they worked the first time after installing it - but it’s like the install did not “stick” - is maybe it validates something back with another Google and then causes issues. Ahhh the joy of Android....

Ahh - gotcha - didn't realize AirData would pull direct from your DJI cloud account.... thanks!

That was what I was wondering - is the cloud option that I see in the GO 4 app on my phone the same on the SC? If so, then the log syncing with AirData will be super easy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi