DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller time, off 1 hour Central Time zone

Paul2660

Reactions
After the most recent firmware update for the Smart controller, I noticed that the time was off, 1 hour. Forwards. 7:00 am actual Smart Controller shows 8:00 am. I went into settings and changed it back, and then did not check until yesterday. Time is still 1 hour off to the future. I tried moving the time zone to Mountain, hoping it would move it back 1 hour, but no it just added the change for the time zone difference. I can change the time to the correct one, go fly, and all the time the controller is powered on time is correct, once I power off, and power back on, time moves forward 1 hour. Date is correct. I will check this more often to see if the time is moving more than 1 hour in error.

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this.

Paul C

I thought I was seeing something similar when I first got my Zoom with SC but it appears stable now, possible because I've updated and refreshed the firmware. I'm not certain what made the difference--I had gone into the settings a time or two in order to correct the time and/or time zone settings.

Are you anywhere near the border of a time zone by any chance? I have seen my phone jump back and forth from one time to another depending which cell tower it was getting signal from. My girlfriend and I have different cell carriers and sometimes when we are near a time zone border her phone will show a different time than mine because the tower she's getting signal from is in one zone when the tower I'm getting signal from is in another. I wonder if your issue could be rooted in something like that.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am in Arkansas, so not near a border of time zone. I have 2 Smart Controllers, and both are off my 1 hour. Not a huge deal, but still would prefer correct time. At least the date now stays current.

Paul C

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am in Arkansas, so not near a border of time zone. I have 2 Smart Controllers, and both are off my 1 hour. Not a huge deal, but still would prefer correct time. At least the date now stays current.

Paul C
I am not near a time zone either and had a similar problem but after I adjusted the time manually and selected the time zone a second time (I think) things have been OK.

There are a number of glitches with this smart controller, aren't there?

Has anyone else had time issues with the SC? I have mine set to off for getting time off network as I assume that means it needs s WiFi connection to pull time from.
Every time I power up time is off. It will be off by as much as 6 hours. This is leaving it off for a couple of days. Each time I set the time when I turn it on for a flight. And it’s fine until I turn it off. But the next I power it on time is advanced between. 1 to 6 hours. Firmware is current.

Paul C

Reactions: patthronson
Yeah, happens to me from time to time ... not sure why, GPS and all things are good and acquired. Back at home I notice that the EXIF show an earlier/later timestamp.
I have not intentionally checked the clock on the SC (which is set however correctly) but in the EXIF it's clearly to see ...

No big deal, but happened to me twice.
Yesterday was all good though ... maybe some minor bug.

Reactions: patthronson
Actually I have now realized that the time becomes off by about 1 hour for every two actual hours that have passed. Flew yesterday, 9 am and when I turned on the SC it had date correct but showed 3:00 pm. Simple to reset of course, but strange that the unit can't keep time when powered off. I assumed it had some form of a internal cell to run the clock. Possibly not, and when powered back, if no wifi connection is available it powers up off on time.

Once the time is reset the time hold true for the rest of the flights, as I was in the air up and down over the next 2 hours and all of the times were correct even after powering down the SC for about 30 minutes.

Paul C

Actually I have now realized that the time becomes off by about 1 hour for every two actual hours that have passed. Flew yesterday, 9 am and when I turned on the SC it had date correct but showed 3:00 pm. Simple to reset of course, but strange that the unit can't keep time when powered off. I assumed it had some form of a internal cell to run the clock. Possibly not, and when powered back, if no wifi connection is available it powers up off on time.

Once the time is reset the time hold true for the rest of the flights, as I was in the air up and down over the next 2 hours and all of the times were correct even after powering down the SC for about 30 minutes.

Paul C
It would be nice if they could stamp out the time bug or bugs!

Flew yesterday too after one week on ground.
Turned SC on, time is perfect. Flew 25 mins.
Went to other location flew 25 mins, time still in sync.
Went to last location, flew 25 mins, time still spot on.

Like always, fully acquired GPS and everything, no shift this time.
Strange ... ? ?

I'm seeing issues with time too - but not the drift you have described... I think mine is a time zone problem. I am in Sydney (GMT +10) and it appears that my Mini2/SC is using local time (that already has the +10), and adding 10 to it again! So most of my footage apparently was shot late at night! Now I can't even remember where I set it in the first place, so I can check the settings again...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d