DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller USB Charger

I think it is , my QC3 hub fast charges it. One thing to note when you get your new charger op is that when the controller is above I think 95% charged it throttles the charger voltage and amps down.
That's because of the nature of charging Li batteries. After 80%, charging reverts from constant current/variable voltage to constant voltage/variable current. Even below 80%, current is throttled back as charge increases. At least that's what AccuBattery shows on my phone.

Get a charger that supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3 protocol. That’s the magic word that’s impossible to track down for people that get a refurbished radio that doesn’t come with a charger. I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019GQ6S2C

and

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2X83MB

I purchased this one, but I think it is still too weak. Still takes hours (like 12h+?) to fully charge and the light blinks unevenly (2 "pass" slow, one pass fast).

How fast does your Qualcomm 3.0 charge the Smart Controller ?

I purchased this one, but I think it is still too weak. Still takes hours (like 12h+?) to fully charge and the light blinks unevenly (2 "pass" slow, one pass fast).

How fast does your Qualcomm 3.0 charge the Smart Controller ?
I haven’t timed it, but maybe a couple of hours? For what it’s worth, the cable that came with my radio was defective. I had to buy a cable capable of QC3. So the refurb price is kinda BS after all the trouble with chargers and cables. It’s dumb they do this.

If the radio is charging via QC, the lights will move more quickly. It’s very apparent on the charger I linked that’s got the LCD screen. Shows it charging at 12v/5A. It’s a shame they went with QC instead of PD.

For the UK this one works fine with the USB-C (PD Socket) to the Smart Controller for fast charging;

The M2 comes with a charging brick that includes the battery connector, a micro USB connector, and a USB-A port. If the USB-A to USB-C cable is used, does this charger support The QC3 protocol, or will it just slow-charge the Smart Controller? It bugs me to have to carry around two separate chargers.

The M2 comes with a charging brick that includes the battery connector, a micro USB connector, and a USB-A port. If the USB-A to USB-C cable is used, does this charger support The QC3 protocol, or will it just slow-charge the Smart Controller? It bugs me to have to carry around two separate chargers.
No, the DJI stock charger for the M2 is not QC compatible. The USB port puts out only 5V, I think at 2A max.

You can tell if a charger is possibly QC compatible when it's specs for the USB output includes 9 and 12v along with the standard 5v. The idea is that if you want more watts without driving up current (higher currents require thicker conductors and more susceptible to losses through natural wiring resistance), bring up the voltage instead. That's why your stove and clothes dryer uses 240v instead of 120v.

Reactions: mr.jipi_
I already have the "genuine" DJI charger for the smart controller... I was hoping that the standard "smart battery charger" for the Mavic 2 would work so I didn't need to carry around and keep track of an additional piece of kit.

What kind of charger are you using ?

I received my Smart Controller today and it doesn’t come with a charger.

What 3rd party charger do you use to have the fastest charging time ?

I know any 12v / 2a Smart charge will work, but I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions for the fastest (safe) charging available.

Thanks,
I forgot the name check amazon it's for MacBook pro but it is a power bank also it's $40 but worth it. Come in black and white and is on special now.

I know any 12v / 2a Smart charge will work, but I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions for the fastest (safe) charging available.

Thanks,
Where did you purchase the SC from? I just received my SC YESTERDAY direct from DJI and there IS A POWER BRICK in the BOX! Ugh So sorry! Return yours and get one from DJI direct.

Thanks,
Where did you purchase it from? Was it Refurb?

i got one of these coming

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu