DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller & waypoints 2.0 test flights

Spy_Corfu

Reactions
So I tried first time the new waypoints 2.0 from DJI on my smart controller and was very disappointed, especially after using litchi app for more than 4 years now.
I don’t know if it’s the app itself or the combination with the smart controller but it’s very buggy and slow to touch response.
First you need to have the drone on all the time when programming the flight paths which you don’t have to on litchi.
Then while flying the curved paths between waypoints , changes of direction are terrible, even though I set it to 20-30m , as there is an option, the video is not smooth.
Although you have the option to complete the flight path even when loosing connection still towards the end of the mission when there is again a connection to the aircraft the mission stops ! ? Why I don’t know, and I have tried it twice with the same results.
Again with litchi this is not happening.
Problem for the moment is that litchi is not compatible with the DJI smart controller.
Hope DJI improves waypoints at next update, I think they should just copy all the litchi features and be done with it!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569