DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller WiFi required...

caleb1

Reactions
I see this on the DJI website for the Mavic 2 smart controller:

1547132453863.png

Would anyone know if this means wifi is required at all times for any operation, or just to run updates and to live stream etc.?

Wi-Fi is only required when you want to access features that require an Internet connection (just like when using other mobile devices now).

Reactions: Kilrah and caleb1
ok thanks for the responses. so I can fly the drone take video/pictures use intelligent flight modes without wifi, I just need it if I want to stream, update, activate, download etc.

thanks

Reactions: RogerMav
so I can fly the drone take video/pictures use intelligent flight modes without wifi, I just need it if I want to stream, update, activate, download etc.
Right on.

Reactions: RogerMav and caleb1
Right on.
great thanks. keep me posted if you know if anyone is planning on selling a used one. I would be willing to buy something slightly banged up for cheap than spend $650 on a new one. to me that is far overpriced.

great thanks. keep me posted if you know if anyone is planning on selling a used one
You might have to wait a while. DJI probably just started shipping out the first units ever sold in the past day or so.

Reactions: caleb1
Watch eBay. They'll be going for like $1,200 :D

Reactions: caleb1
You might have to wait a while. DJI probably just started shipping out the first units ever sold in the past day or so.

Yep that's what I'm thinking. I'm in no rush.

Watch eBay. They'll be going for like $1,200 :D

Yes the're going for $750 new on ebay. I'm learning that's the wrong place to get good deals. I'm seeing M1Ps going for really good deals on offer up. I'm liking that place and I will keep track there for SCs.

That's true. I'm not in a rush though I can wait a few months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0