DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller

Lionfish

Reactions
Howdy.,

How long should I leave the s controller to check for updates ? .
Mine has been going about three hours .
Should I let it going , or ???.
My internet speed is around 15 to 20 mbps if that’s any help.
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me .

Just remember , don’t fly high ! .

I went out in the front yard to fly last weekend and my SC showed that an update was ready (V 01.00.0700), so I went ahead and let it do its thing via WiFi. Within 15 minutes it was fully updated (using the home internet connection of 12 Mbps) and after I verified all my settings were correct, logged around an hour of flying with no problems. DJI Go 4 updated the next day with no difficulties either (V 4.3.36). Fingers crossed it continues without gremlins...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionfish
Some folks that initially had problems claimed that after clearing the onboard cache and freeing storage space/memory, the SC had no problems updating. They also ejected their SD cards. I think if you read way down in the release notes for the previous versions, DJI explained in full that there has to be sufficient storage on the internal drive. I haven't had any problems to date, but exclusively use my storage card for all videos and images. I left my card in during the update and did not have any problems.

Last edited:
Lionfish,
I also got problem updating my SC. It stuck at 0% in updating process.
Last night I was able to update via DJI assistant 2.
I follow the steps in my attached. Hope it works for you. 556C0FC2-3136-4462-BA1D-6B7B7453C8DD.jpeg

I should also add , it’s brand new out the box today .
Unfortunately I don’t have a computer only iPad .
I think I’ll go ahead and hit the off button and try again.
I would have thought that a search for updates shouldn’t take 4 hrs .

Perhaps u want to update apps DJI go 4 version first on your new SC.

See youtube link

Then try again to update SC firmware.

Well thanks everyone for all your help .
I think I had a bug , not a virus but a bug .
I hit the off button and put it back on and everything just loaded in no time , so I’m good now .
The info in this controller is amazing, I wasn’t expecting so much .
So far the unit is really nice in my hands , all the buttons, joy sticks are all within reach , the screen is super clear .
A nice unit altogether.
Thanks again for the assistance.

I should also add , it’s brand new out the box today .
Unfortunately I don’t have a computer only iPad .
I think I’ll go ahead and hit the off button and try again.
I would have thought that a search for updates shouldn’t take 4 hrs .
I suggest your iPad is probably considerably faster. Try it....

Hi, new to the Mavic, old school with 3d Helicopters and home made drones, I must have spent 90% of my time messing around instead of using it for good photography plus all the other hassle including annoying her indoors. To the point, loving the Mavic 2 Pro and the Smart Controller, my only reservation is lack of strap for safety, wouldn't like to drop it!
Don't have a 3d printer but had some stock DIY aluminium L section. A saw, file, 600 grit wet and dry paper and 2 standard M4 allen bolts and 2 hours had it solved :)
Other consideration was wear around the strap hook hole, epoxied a M5 inner SS washer underneath where the hole is.
New Bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken.
Hi, new to the Mavic, old school with 3d Helicopters and home made drones, I must have spent 90% of my time messing around instead of using it for good photography plus all the other hassle including annoying her indoors. To the point, loving the Mavic 2 Pro and the Smart Controller, my only reservation is lack of strap for safety, wouldn't like to drop it!
Don't have a 3d printer but had some stock DIY aluminium L section. A saw, file, 600 grit wet and dry paper and 2 standard M4 allen bolts and 2 hours had it solved :)
Other consideration was wear around the strap hook hole, epoxied a M5 inner SS washer underneath where the hole is.
View attachment 103062
Some of us prefer two points of attachment. That way, if you bend/lean over the screen does not pivot but just hangs straight down.

I would like to purchase one of theses, but their web site is in German only. Any suggestions?

Ken
SW PA
I found them on US Amazon site but there are some complaints about it interfering with touch controls on the edge of the screen.

I found them on US Amazon site but there are some complaints about it interfering with touch controls on the edge of the screen.

Thanks for the link. Some minor adjustment solves the problem. The bending should be accomplished with the mount removed from the SC.

Ken
SW PA

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet