DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller

garvin

Reactions
My drone boots up, links to Controller, launches to 5 ft.
Then nothing, no sticks, camera
view is straight ahead.
Please advise
garvin

view is straight ahead.
Please advise
garvin
Gonna need some more information.

Like... Do you get any warnings, any disconnect messages? Are you in an authorization zone?

view is straight ahead.
Please advise
garvin

And beyond above..it does this all by itself on power button press?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I have flown in this area all the time. The only message is firmware update to .0820 but that will not load, goes to 99%
stalls or network error.
Thank you for your time
garvin

I have flown in this area all the time. The only message is firmware update to .0820 but that will not load, goes to 99%
stalls or network error.
Thank you for your time
garvin

Have you followed the hundred or so threads on updating :p Reset your controller to stock, Using latest Asst. 2 for Mavic..and update that way??

stalls or network error.
Thank you for your time
garvin

Please follow the 13 Points Steps that Zeus has provided below - Scroll to the bottom of the page Zeusfl has the best answer worked for me , I posted a video of my adventure after exhaustion set in trying to get the update but it works.

I will copy this for you here.

For those who are having issues with the update, this solution is working for eveybody tried. I took me 2 hours to find out the processMake sure you have at least 50% battery

1- Reset the smart controller erasing all data
2- Do not connect it to WiFi
3- Go to settings, Display , Sleep and change to NEVER
4- Download the DJI Assistance 2 for Mavic here is the link. DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic- DJI Download Center- DJI
5- First open the DJI Assistance and then plug the USB C cable to the smart controller ON.
6- When the control ask for the USB configuration select CHARGING
7- Start the update to the last firmware.
8- The update will have 3 steps: Download, Transfer and Install the update. When installing will hangfor few minutes in 16% and 98% (is normal, just wait)
9- If everything goes fine at 98% the controller will reboot by it self and once boot you will see a DJI logo with a progress bar installing. Will reboot 3 times installing this update. This will take few minutes.
10- Once the controller boot again you should be ready to start Pairing the drone.
11- To pair the drone, go to Settings, Aircraft Management and Add the new drone
12- when the wizard indicate and stat beeping to pair the aircraft with the Mavic Air 2 on hold the power bottom for 4 seconds and will start paring.
13- this should complete the process.

Note: if you turn on the WIFI for any reason, the firmware will try to download automatically and will fill the memory and you will have the memory full error. You will have to Reset to factory and try again.

As an addendum to reset the controller, go to Setting, Reset Factory

1.png

2.png

3.png

Reactions: LoganAir
Reactions: zeusfl
@garvin I had a similar issue this past weekend. Nearly exactly as you described. I launched and a small rain cell opened up so I immediately tried to land. I had no control what-so-ever. I've never had this problem with the SC over 50 flights.

Because of the increasing rain, I didn't have time to troubleshoot the controller but I believe the DJI Go 4 app froze and I didn't realize it. Allowing it to force-close then reopening it probably would have correct the issue.

Since then, with the MP2 not connected, I again saw the app freeze, force-close and reopen fine. Both times was just after a cold boot of the SC.

Bless your Heart! I will work on the 13 and report back
Best regards,
garvin
So far so good, another update for controller is struggling to complete but not worried about this right now.
Thanks again
Best regards
garvin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming