DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart phone not so smart

davidzimagery

Reactions
Today the weather was finally decent enough to try out my new Mavic Pro Platinum. Since the controller holder is only sized for a phone, that's what I used. The video screen was half green, it responded slowly to inputs and was basically worthless. So I loaded DJI 4 on the tablet I use with my Phantom 3. and used the usb cord that I use with it. Great screen clarity and kept up with the inputs perfectly. The phone always worked fine with the Phantom, just too small for my taste. I'd just as soon use the tablet anyways. I just need a way to fasten it to myself, so I don't have to carry around a podium to set it on. Anyone know of a decent holder on the market or that can be homemade? If not, I'll come up with one.

Today the weather was finally decent enough to try out my new Mavic Pro Platinum. Since the controller holder is only sized for a phone, that's what I used. The video screen was half green, it responded slowly to inputs and was basically worthless. So I loaded DJI 4 on the tablet I use with my Phantom 3. and used the usb cord that I use with it. Great screen clarity and kept up with the inputs perfectly. The phone always worked fine with the Phantom, just too small for my taste. I'd just as soon use the tablet anyways. I just need a way to fasten it to myself, so I don't have to carry around a podium to set it on. Anyone know of a decent holder on the market or that can be homemade? If not, I'll come up with one.
Not sure how big your tablet is, but I can fit my iPad mini 4 landscape inthe arms of the controller, the corners stick through the slots in the arms.

before we all jump in, running in every direction with irrelevant suggestions, a little more info would be helpful, i.e. type of device you are using, version of software, FW, etc. Thanks

What version of firmware would you suggest for a Thor Tablet mount???

Reactions: colinfowler
I know my tablet works. I plugged it into the USB port centered under the phone holder. All I need is a sturdy bracket to hold it. There are dozens of designs, all claiming to do the job. I like the ones with an adjustable arm, but wonder if they are balanced and will hold up. I also would like to see the controller screen, without having to tip or look around the tablet. That might be difficult and still have a balanced set up. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm not sure why firmware, software or device type are a factor in this.
I did look at the Skyreat that x TheMan 42 suggested and it looks good.

Reactions: Simmo
I was being sarcastic to the post above yours David. Seriously have a look through the Thor series, I havent heard a bad thing about them. I use a cheaper 3d printed holder, and everything you say comes into play...balance, seeing the RC screen etc.. Which ever holder you get, makesure it runs on the latest software..;)

Reactions: davidzimagery
I was being sarcastic to the post above yours David. Seriously have a look through the Thor series, I havent heard a bad thing about them. I use a cheaper 3d printed holder, and everything you say comes into play...balance, seeing the RC screen etc.. Which ever holder you get, makesure it runs on the latest software..;)
I appreciate your input...since that's the post I didn't understand what the connection was to the issue. I'll check out the Thor series. Thanks!

What phone were you using?

I'm the same as my older eyes needs the bigger screen .I use a 9.7 iPad
with a plate a inspire holder and works great for me .
IMG_6689.JPG What I used on all my Phantom TX's so was just used to it .
I got my MP when they first came out but now there's many options to choose from .

I got the SKYREAT Mavic Pro Holder and it works great.
Aluminum-Alloy Tablet Holder For DJI Mavic Pro
D2JPFSoSRiqi._UX600_TTW__.jpg

This SKYREAT mavic tablet holder can hold Most of phone & tablet from 4 inch to 12 inch,Support 45 degrees to up and down,offer a very clean and good view.The height is 7cm from bottom to the clip,Will not too tall to effect view,neither too low to touch hand.
Very easy to install,no need any tools,Foldable design,Iphone size and only about 200g, include a storage bag in the package,it will very convenience to carry outside.
Made of Aviation Aluminum-Alloy,Very stable.

Reactions: Simmo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54