DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smartcontroller rapid charger

paulatkin73

Reactions
Hi,
does anybody know what format dji in its infinite wisdom packed into a charger for the smart controller? it refuses to accept as 'rapid charge' any other charger i have - not from the macbook pro, not from my pixel phone, only does 'rapid charge' from its own charger. and, in its turn, all other devices that do understand qualcomm standard, refuse to accept this dji charger as a rapid charger.
it is quite annoying, but, i only wonder if dji used any specific standard or did it all on its own and it is not compatible with anything else.

Hi,
does anybody know what format dji in its infinite wisdom packed into a charger for the smart controller? it refuses to accept as 'rapid charge' any other charger i have - not from the macbook pro, not from my pixel phone, only does 'rapid charge' from its own charger. and, in its turn, all other devices that do understand qualcomm standard, refuse to accept this dji charger as a rapid charger.
it is quite annoying, but, i only wonder if dji used any specific standard or did it all on its own and it is not compatible with anything else.
I have come to the same conclusion, from all my tests rapid charging only works with the included DJI charger.

I should be getting my smart controller today or tomorrow. I have a current/wattage meter specifically for measuring charge rate/wattage and every type of charger so I will be doing tests as soon as I get it.

I believe it can take a maximum of a 24W charge which isn't that fast. It's also very possible for it to be charging at maximum speed but not report "charging rapidly" that on the display (lots of phones do this), so it still might be accepting the maximum charge. I'd be surprised if it wasn't just using USB-PD but I can't confirm until I get the SC.

Also note that virtually every modern LiOn device will charge much faster when it is closer to 0% than when it is closer to 100%. Most devices slow the charge rate down considerably between 50-80%, and trickle charge 90-100%. This is also dependent on battery temperature. So when you're doing your tests you can't just plug it in at any percentage and assume that that is the maximum charging rate.

I believe it can take a maximum of a 24W charge which isn't that fast. It's also very possible for it to be charging at maximum speed but not report "charging rapidly" that on the display (lots of phones do this), so it still might be accepting the maximum charge.

dunno, i tried to keep it once on a cord that sits inthe macbook pro charger i also use for my pixel and it was sitting on it forever until it stopped its running lights. but, i did not do any scientific tests. only curious.

dunno, i tried to keep it once on a cord that sits inthe macbook pro charger i also use for my pixel and it was sitting on it forever until it stopped its running lights. but, i did not do any scientific tests. only curious.

I will try remember to report back here with my findings. I have numerous USB-C chargers all the way up to 30W, which is more than the SC can handle, so I will be able to confirm what the OEM charger and various aftermarket chargers are delivering.

I have an Omnicharge Power Bank. This fast charges the SC if you use the USB-A to USB-C connection (25w) but slow charges if I connect USB-C to USB-C.

Are you guys actually measuring charge wattage with an in-line meter or just looking at what the screen reports? The only way to verify is with an actual meter, since the charging is so dynamic (as described above) and Android does not always report the fast charge correctly.

I got my SC yesterday I will try do some tests this weekend because it's too cold to fly.

Are you guys actually measuring charge wattage with an in-line meter or just looking at what the screen reports? The only way to verify is with an actual meter, since the charging is so dynamic (as described above) and Android does not always report the fast charge correctly.

I got my SC yesterday I will try do some tests this weekend because it's too cold to fly.

The omnicharge powerbank has a built-in meter which displays how much power it is transferring to a device. 25w is a peak...

Surprisingly enough I found the old power adapter I had for my Motorola Droid Turbo also quick charges the SC, at least the lights flash fast like it's quick charging, haven't actually timed it to see if it really is. So there are actually some out there that do it.
1567083408962.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser